• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

image0.gif

Okay, clearly this was.. build for.. someone smaller than.. me-.

Ah. Okay, head through-.

Whow.
Ah, head rush? Understandable with transformative magic. Especially if only part has changed.

Whow.

I pull my head back for a moment and blink as my visual field readjusts. I knew that normal ponies have side-mounted eyes to better watch for predators, but Equestrian ponies… They're not side-mounted, but the visual field is a noticeably different shape. And there's no.. 'gap' between being here and being there. Your body changes as you go through what appears to be a two dimensional membrane. Circe could.. probably explain how the mirror makes blood flow synchronise despite the differences in body shape and volume, but a precise explanation isn't necessary for my purpose.
Say it with me: "A Wizard Pony Did It!"

Behind me, Sunset tries to help Twilight up while Twilight… She's trying to stand on her toes.

Ah, the memories.
A ballerina, she aint. That must sting a little.

I lean forward once more, my upper body passing through the portal and mydon'tmovethemdon'tmovethem. My forehooves resting on the upper tier of the small dais it stands on. Don't move them. It feels like I'm putting my bodyweight on the tips of my middle fingers, and while I'm strong and tough enough to actually do that it's.. a weird feeling. My sense of balance isn't usually-.
Feel Sunset's discomfort in reverse, Grayven, while she laughs!

Where have my rings gone? Sinestro, are you still there?

Yes… Lantern Grayven. Apparently I'm being dragged into this farce as well.
At least best Rings aren't gone.

Where did-? I flick my ears, and half-turn my whoew long neck so I can see myself in the mirror's surface. My yellow power ring is now a yellow power earring, hanging from my right ear like a cow's ear tag. Turn my head the other way and, yes, same with my orange ring. Piercings? I hate piercings. I regard it as a weirdly socially acceptable form of self-harm, why couldn't they go over my horn or-

I have a horn!
It's times like this that you remember Mr Zoat is a little bit Brony.

-something? Ah, never mind. Right, I can still feel my humanoid lower half, just need to take.. one step.. forwards…

I lift my right forehoof up, move it forwards and gently lower it onto the next step down. It's not quite like walking on my middle finger; all the other fingers are tiny vestigial things on the.. back somewhere, so they're not in the way. I push down in a sort of lopsided press-up as I try to get used to the movement. Okay, I think I should be able to manage a slow walk without falling on my face. Left forehoof.. up.. and down. Progress. Normal back right le-.
The image of an eight-foot-tall man with grey skin balancing on his toes and fingers is hilarious.:D

I'm too wide.

Oh, right. Celestia's tall but anorexically thin. I'm.. probably either a scaled-up regular pony shape, or scaled-up Snowflake-shape.
Huh, that's even more amusing. Also: "YEAH!"

Um.

Gruh.

I try twisting my hips in a way pony hips are.. apparently, not designed to do. But the mirror's frame appears to be extremely resilient, so if I push off my left leg and reach forward with my forehooves-.
Honestly, you'd think Starswirl would have accounted for atypical body shapes when he made the mirror...

Ahfuck-!

Ugh. I'm through. On the floor in the middle of a storeroom and that probably made enough noise that even the guards of Canterlot couldn't have missed it. Lying on my right side. Flank. Whatever an equine's side is called.
At least you aren't sitting on your croup, or what Bronies call the 'Plot'.

Fangasm later, Grayven. Business first.

I crane my neck to get a look at my whole body in the mirror. Gray fur, eyes.. pretty much the same. My full body armour is now full body barding, though it doesn't over my forehooves. Have to bring gloves next time I come through. But what the heck is up with my horn? It's curved and.. smooth, without the spiral I remember from My Little Pony. No idea what's going on there. And wings! I have-.

Oh fiddlesticks, how to I move them?
Heh, learning how to use body parts you never had before...

Um. Yes. Yes? Kind of? I'm just twitching the muscles in my shoulders and back in the hope that one of them connects to-.

Huh-ah?

And now I'm on my back. Turns out that my wings are as strong as the rest of me. And while I sort of got a feel for the muscles involved, I don't think I'm going to be doing any flying for the foreseeable future.
So he rolled over his barrel?:V

You are aware that-?

Yes, yes, I know I could fly by ring. But despite a few questionable decisions I don't honestly believe that Celestia is stupid. There are probably all sorts of magic-detection spells on her capital, and even more on her palace. And I'm pretty sure that they'd-
Or the rings could not show up as any kind of magic. That'd really creep out ponies.

I squirm and roll onto my side.

-register yellow and orange power rings as some sort of dark magic. I'm not here for a fight.

An intelligent observation, Lantern. But without a ring, how do you intend to move the mirror?
He has teeth. Presumably.

Boom tube, probably. Mother Box?

Ping.

Okay, let me know when you've adjusted. And if you can't, I'll just have to grab it and run.
She's taken the form of a cutie mark, hasn't she?x3

Another squirm and I'm lying on my… Underside? Gentle flex of the membranous wings now stapled to my spine to check they're working, good. Middle finger middle finger push, and back.. right middle toe..? Yep, okay, good. Back left middle toe and push…

Ah…
Membranous wings? Oh, dear, he's not a giant changling, is he? Or a titanic Breezy?:p

Arch my feet and push with my legs and up I go. Hah! Okay, door's over there, should still be unlocked from where Sunset picked it… Yuuuaaah… Alright, I'm probably not stable enough -hah!- to open it by hoof… Ugh, mouth it is, then. I'm immune to disease, as long as I don't lick it I'll be fine.
This whole sequence is hilarious...

Okay. Walking… Slowly. Hoof hoof hoof hoof. Hoof hoof hoof hoof. Still a little odd, but I'm getting the hang of it. Walking… Walking… And we're there. And-. Oh, it's just a handle. I mean, I can see the keyhole, but once the lock's open you just.. push. Why do a species who don't have hands have handles like this? Am I supposed to push it with my hoof? No, never mind, my hoof's clean, I'm not going to scuff the paint.

And push
Presumably, Ponies put the handles low enough they can lift their leg comfortably. Which would put it damn low for Grayven...

The door opens out onto a red-carpeted, lilac-painted corridor. The corridor is.. weirdly tall, with stained glass windows going from just below the height of my shoulders to near the ceiling. Hanging between the windows are simple… Tapestries? Banners? Showing stylised images of equines surrounded by the usual heraldic filler. It appears to be night, and the corridor is illuminated by wall-mounted sconces and candle-studded candelabras. Hm. No electrification yet? I suppose a palace this old wouldn't really be designed for it, and they would probably better off waiting until they can implement it to a standard quality.
And there are always ever-glowing torch spells, no doubt.

I carefully walk up to the closest window to try to get an idea of where the exit is likely to be. No electric lighting means quadrangles and courtyards to let the light in, though… I don't think an equivalent European palace would be quite this profligate in its use of glass. I can… There's another section of palace that way, over which I can just about see some of the taller buildings of part of Canterlot before the city stops. I really hope that it isn't like the hazardously built mess in the animated series, because if so I'm not going to spend a moment longer here than I have to. I'd survive the fall but it isn't as if I'd enjoy hearing everyone else die.
Yeah, who build their capital city hanging off the side of a mountain?

I turn back to the corridor. So… That way. Main entrance should be in front of me somewhere, but there's got to be a tradesman's entrance or something not too far away. As long as I'm careful, I should-.

"Who are you?"
Oh, buggeration.

No, Ponies.

I turn to see-. Oh, it's two adorable little foals in mock-guard armour! How sweet! They've even got the little lantern-on-a-pole thing. Someone put a lot of effort into that costume. And yes, situational awareness, but it's not like I can move fast enough to hide. And they're clearly terrified of me. That won't do at all. I lean down slightly and smile at them in an attempt to calm them.

"Hello, children. Why don't you run back to your parents and forget I was here?"
Wow, I can just imagine how this looks to these guards...

"Y-. Y-."

"Look, I'm not here to hurt anyone. I'll just be on my way, and-" I shrug, and-. And I'm momentarily lifted into the air as my wings flap. "-then-." The two foals flee for the stairs at the far end of the corridor.
Quite understandable reaction, really.

Okay, I need to be somewhere else now.
Preferably with the Mirror, Grayven. Don't forget why you came here.

Well, he's ponified in a big way. Now to work out the details of his form. To Google and Wikipedia's list of equine monsters! As Chaoswind pointed out below me, he's basically a Nightmare... Er, Night Stallion? Gods only know what Celestia is going to make of this...

Last edited:
Okay, A) I knew he'd be an Alicorn! I'm guessing a Sombra (horn) slash Chrysalis (wings) variant?

And B) OH SHIT IT'S NIGHTMARE NIGHT AND TWILIGHT IS MISSING AND NIGHTMARE MOON IS ABOUT TO RETURN!

Why would foals be dressed as guards inside the castle and doing patrol... Even if it is indeed nightmare moon (wiki checks) I don't think foals would be roaming the castles halls late in the night when every..pony is sleeping.

Well, he's ponified in a big way. Now to work out the details of his form. To Google and Wikipedia's list of equine monsters! Gods only know what Celestia is going to make of this...

Evil Alicorns seem to fit the entire description, unless all those images on google are fanon nonsense.

That Also Amy rogers confirmed that the sun she moves is the same size as our sun.
This begs the question of if she actually knows just how fuckoff huge the actual sun is. Writers have no sense of scale, yada yada yada...
"Ah… Both? One of them was talking to me, trying to get me to raise an army of demon zombies." She frowns. "And I think it was written in blood."

Is that the Necronomicon?
Ponomicon. ;)

So basically he looks like Sombra with batpony wings and is slightly bigger than Celestia.
latest

Yeah. Ponies are pretty small.

I think some people did some calculations that suggested the average adult Equestrian pony is about 3 feet tall. With Celestia herself being somewhere around 4'8 to 4'10" in height.

Which, incidentally, is as tall as a pony can be before it's considered a horse. The only difference between a pony and a horse is how tall they are. 4'10" is the dividing line.

Really, they're on the smaller side of Shetland ponies. So looking up images of Shetlands standing next to humans would let you get a feel for how tiny an Equestrian pony would be.

What? Where is this? For research I mean.
There's the image links... or rather, links to posts with said images... back on the very first post of the thread under the "Fan Art" spoiler. Unfortunately, the picture(s) being referred to seem to be dead, as a quick glace at them seems to indicate that the hosting site has either deleted them or otherwise made them unavailable.

There's the image links... or rather, links to posts with said images... back on the very first post of the thread under the "Fan Art" spoiler. Unfortunately, the picture(s) being referred to seem to be dead, as a quick glace at them seems to indicate that the hosting site has either deleted them or otherwise made them unavailable.
So I wont get to see this glorious image?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back