• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

Even More Blake is Racist 4
Jaune opens his locker, checks his gear... Closes it, and Blake is standing right there with a scowl.

Jaune: "Um... Hey Blake?"

Blake: "You want to be like the great heroes of your family, right?"

Jaune: "I... I do?"

Blake: "You didn't even consider taking me as a prize! Making me your collared pet?! That's what your ancestor King Roland Arc IV did to the Faunus! You could blackmail me into being your sexy feline Faunus servant!"

Jaune: sigh "One, that was two hundred years ago. He was the last Arc to be a king."

Blake: "So?"

Jaune: "Two, yes he collared a Faunus woman but he made her his wife."

Blake: "Wha... You can't be part Faunus! Human men only have Faunus children with Faunus women!"

Jaune: "No, they don't. It's fifty-fifty on the genetics otherwise Faunus would have outbred humans a long time ago."

Blake: "But-But-!"

Jaune: "Third, everyone knows you're a Faunus. You didn't even change your name, Blake!"

Hex: "BELLADONNA!" He rushes up and kneels before her "While I have pride in my Rabbit Faunus heritage, I pledge my fealty to the Princess of Menagerie as we tear down the corrupt human society dominating us and rise up as the rightful new rulers of Remnant!"

Blake: "THAT'S NOT MY FATHER'S DREAM!" cough "I-I mean, I'm not that Blake Belladonna! I just have the same name!"

Hex: "Command me, My Princess! I only ask that you help me save Velvet Scarlatina from her obviously abusive human boyfriend! She should be MY waifu!"

Blake: "WHAT?!"

Jaune: "Yeah, have fun with that, Blake."

Thomas "Tom" H. Sun
An OC for consideration... Ruby apparently didn't have any friends back in Patch. But what if she did have one kid she got along with?

He would be Thomas "Tom" H. Sun, a rather short young man with glasses, curly orangish-red hair, and a white labcoat, purple gloves, blue pants and heavy boots. His weapon is "Inquiry", a gigantic wrench that serves as a polearm or club, but doesn't use bullets. It does use Dust to produce various effects as needed, but is just one of many tools and weapons Tom carries with him.

Tom was always short and a bit small for his age. His Semblance, Compression, allows him to shrink himself down in size, which is not really that great for combat. His real ability is his immense intellect. He's a genius scientist and engineer, who creates gadgets and weapons. His ability to shrink lets him get inside machines to fix them and he's even figured out how to manipulate how his eyes focus with his Semblance, letting him see minute details at regular size. Even so, he's still a few inches shorter than Ruby when he's full sized.

His goal is to become a researcher and inventor in Atlas. He's got a bit of an ego (mainly due to his small stature and poor physical attributes) but he has a soft spot for Ruby. He doesn't think she's as smart as he is, but he loved her enthusiasm for science and they were able to bond over it.

When he makes it to Beacon a year later (he only skipped one grade), they reunite and all of sudden? Hormones have hit. Tom is suddenly realizing that Ruby is a girl. A cute girl. A cute girl who loves SCIENCE!

And well... He's gonna have to deal with that.

Naturally, appearance and personality wise, he is based heavily on Dexter from Dexter's Lab:

dexter_by_whitestar1802_d41uisl-fullview.jpg

His Semblance and name are derived from Tom Thumb, the tiny boy in English folklore, and Issun-boshi, or the One-Sun (Inch) Samurai, from Japanese folklore, who is a similarly tiny boy who goes on adventures. He is also a reference to Ant-Man from Marvel Comics and The Atom from DC Comics-Both scientists with size changing abilities.

Blake Tries to Change her Ways
Got a bit more serious version of Blake and the collar idea.

Jaune: Alright, Blake, I've come as you asked what did you want to talk about?

Jaune: Also, what with the outfit?

Blake is wearing a zip-up track jacket with a high collar and a pair of boots.

Blake: Part of our discussion, that will be relevant once I've explained everything.

Blake: So, Jaune, you're one of most sensible people I know.

Jaune: I snuck into Beacon with no Aura.

Blake: And still, you made good calls when you first fought an Ancient Grimm. You have a good head on your shoulders. Which is the reason I asked you to talk.

Jaune: Alright. We're friends. Sort of. So I'm glad you trust me enough.

Blake (muttering): He makes it so easy.

Blake: It's… well. Hard for me to admit it, but I have a problem. I'm horrible when it comes to life choices. Absolutely awful.

Jaune: I don't think coming to Beacon was a bad choice.

Blake: Sneaking in disguised as a human was. If Belladonna wasn't so common last name in Menagerie, everyone would've connected the dots even quicker. Never mind, it's about my other life choices.

Blake: You know I joined Sienna Khan's faction of White Fang over dad's, right?

Jaune: Yes… I've heard about it.

Blake: Yeah. Then I got into a relationship with the most intense guy I've met. And the most insane, even Sienna told me it was a bad idea. But I didn't listen. Just like I didn't listen to Mom and Dad when they told me Sienna would turn White Fang into terrorists.

Blake: I just yelled at them and ran away. And with Sienna I defended Adam… my then-boyfriend, even though I already saw what he was slipping into. And then there was the whole problem with Weiss, when I yelled at her, even if I knew exactly what White Fang was becoming. And then I wanted to prove her wrong and nearly got myself and Sun killed at the docks.

Blake: That's my problem, Jaune. I make a bad decision and then double, triple and quadruple down on it. And when it inevitably goes south, I run away like a scaredy-cat. Yes, yes, I'm allowed to say that. And now, I got into another fight with my team because I'm trying to investigate the White Fang further and… And I realized that I'm just going down that road again.

Jaune: So you want me to help you? Give you advice if something a bad idea or not?

Blake: Not quite.

She unzips her jacket – she's not wearing anything underneath it, except for a collar with a long leash. Blake takes the leash and offer it to Jaune.

Blake: I'm horrible at making decisions on my own. So, I need someone else to make them for me.

Jaune: You want me… to be your boyfriend?

Blake: No, not boyfriend. My Master.

She looks down.

Blake: Not just in a sexual way. But, well, that too. But to completely own me, make all of important decisions for me.

Jaune: I… I don't know what to say Blake…

Blake: Yes?

Jaune gives her a deadpan look.

Blake: Please, at least consider it. We don't need to be exclusive. I won't mind if you have relations with other women or anything. Just so long as you're my master as well, I don't mind. I'll be anything you want me to be: wife, servant, mistress, toy…

Jaune: Blake, stop. You're getting desperate.

Blake shuts up immediately and looks at him intently.

Jaune: It's just… I'm flattered you trust me this way, really. Just… why me? Surely, I'm not the first choice for something like that.

Blake: I did think about it, Jaune. It's not a spontaneous decision. It's like I told you – you got a good head on your shoulders.

Blake: I considered others too, but… Ruby is a good leader, but she's too young and isn't really commanding. Sun… has a good head on his shoulders, but he's built this idealized image of me in his head… It'd take some time to get it out, and I would likely screw things up before then. Ren is Nora's and, well, she doesn't seem like a sharing type.

Jaune chuckles.

Jaune: Yeah, she's really not. What about Pyrrha?

Blake (with a soft blush): Oh, Jaune. Pyrrha never had any real control of her life. If anything, she'd more likely to offer you her own leash alongside mine. (Whispering): That would be sexy as hell, too.

Jaune blushes heavily.

Blake: It really boils down to either you or Yang – she's the one who pretty much raised Ruby, after all. But, personally, I prefer sausages over tacos, if you know what I mean. Compatibility is important too.

Blake reaches for the zipper again to pull it up.

Blake: I get that it's a bit overwhelming and if you want to take time to think about it, I understand. It's a big decision.

Jaune: I realize that I have no idea what I'm getting into, just like the Initiation. But… You're my friend and you need me to be there for you, so...

Jaune sighs and takes the leash.

Blake beams at him.

Blake: So-o… Celebrating now?

Hope it's not too OOC.

Last edited:
The Arc Motorcycle
Beacon Academy. Jaune was just chilling out with his team and team RWBY. Nora was regaling them with a story about her latest dream. Weiss was trying to study, while Blake read a book.

Nora: "So there I was, fighting the mighty Grimm Kraken made of oatmeal raisin cookies!"

Ruby: gasp "That's horrifying! Oatmeal raisin is the White Witch's cookie of choice!"

Nora: "EXACTLY! And so when it lifted its huge tapioca arms-!"

There is the roar of a motorcycle. A large silver motorcycle bursts up onto the quad, ridden by a blond bearded man wielding a giant rail gun sword.

Nick: "HEY SON!"

Jaune: "DAD?!"

Yang: "Dad?!"

Weiss: "Wha...?!"

Nick Arc gets off his fearsome ride, and pulls Jaune into a tight hug.

Nick: "Haha! How's it going? Your mother was worried!"

Jaune: "Er, I'm fine. Everything's fine. How-How are you?"

Nick: "I'm great! Killed a dozen Grimm on my way here!"

Yang: eyes sparkling "You drove a Wayland 2005 through the Emerald Forest all the way here? Killing Grimm?!"

Nick: "Of course I did!"

Yang: "Your dad is fucking awesome, VB!"

Nick: "It's my Semblance, Jaune's Girlfriend!"

Pyrrha: "Wait, she's not-!"

Weiss: "Wh-Why not take a Bullhead?!"

Nick: "Bullheads are for sissies! ... Plus I get airsick. ALSO! I had to deliver my boy's birthday present, didn't I?"

Weiss: "I... Wha?!"

Jaune: "Um, it's not for another month-"

Nick: "Well it's also supposed to be a bribe... Oh. Shoot. Your mother told me not to say that."

Jaune: scowls "Dad. I am NOT going back to medical school."

Nick: sighs, smiles "You're just as stubborn as me and your mom, you know. Still..." He gestures to the motorcycle "Eh? Ehhhh?"

Jaune: "Wha... Dad! You can't give me your motorcycle!"

Nick: "What? I got a new one! Tarasque here is all yours!"

Jaune: "But it's... I mean, you've had her since I was a baby!"

Nick: "True. I blew up my old one getting that Deathstalker for your birth celebration! But now son... She's yours."

Jaune: scowls "If I quit and go to medical school?"

Nick: "Errr..."

Jaune: "No deal."

Nick: droops, sighs "Aw son... Yeah. That's unfair of me." He tosses Jaune the keys "Take her anyway. It'll make your career as a Huntsman go better, believe you me. Also, your girlfriend has good taste and would probably like a ride."

Jaune: "She's not my-"

Yang: grabs Jaune's arm "Of course darling~! Let's go for a ride right now!"

Pyrrha: TWITCH

Nick: "HAHA! Great! Try not to break her too quickly, huh?"

Jaune: "Dad, I just got the bike. I'm not gonna break her immediately."

Nick: "The bike-? Oh! Oh, yes. The bike. That's totally what I meant. ANYWAY! I'm gonna go ask for a room! Don't mind me, I will NOT be cramping your style! Though I will insist we do father-son bonding by killing Grimm tomorrow!"

Nora: sparkly eyes "Can you adopt me?"

Nick: "You like killing Grimm?'

Nora: "HELL YEAH!"

Nick: "WELCOME TO THE FAMILY, SWEETIE!"

Jaune: "DAD!"

Nick: "What? Your mom is getting Empty Nest Syndrome!"

Tanya's Interrogation
Nora Arc trained by Jaune's parents is a terrifying thought and would probably create the most overprotective sister Jaune has.

"Are you shanks trying to take advantage of my bro-bro? SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR ANKLES!!!"

I dunno, Tangy (aka Tanya) might also have some things to say.

Tangy: "So... You think you're good enough to date my baby brother?"

Girl: "Oh, well uh-"

Tangy: "I did a credit and background check on you. There were many... irregularities in your family's mortgage."

Girl: "N-No, I swear, my father just used the mortgage to buy a few automated carwashes-!"

Tangy: "I've seen those carwashes." Tosses an envelope onto the table with a scowl "Open it."

Girl: "But-"

Tangy: "Don't make me repeat myself."

The Girl opens the envelope and gasps as she beholds the pictures.

Tangy: "Not pretty, is it? How can I trust the daughter of a man who can't even keep his automated businesses clean with my precious baby boy? A daughter who was SUPPOSED to clean them!"

Girl: "But-It was summer and-and I wanted to go swimming with Jaune-"

Tangy: "No discipline, no integrity. You'd probably let my baby brother's house fester and decay while he worked himself to the bone!"

Girl: "N-No, I-!"

Tangy: "I think we're done here."

Isabel Visits Aqua
Nick shouldn't just visit his son, of course. He goes to see his daughters.

Isabel too, though she doesn't get away as often.

Team Kadmium (Led by Kazuma) was dealing with some bandits in Mistral...

Kazuma: "Okay guys. We can do this the hard way or the easy way."

Bandit: "Do your worst!"

Kazuma: "Aqua?"

Aqua: "Yes Kazuma?"

Kazuma: "Tell them about your DnD character."

Darkness: gasp "Even I'm not that sadistic!"

Megumin: "The horror. The horror."

Aqua: "I've been working on her since I was eleven! She's an elf! But a half elf, half human. She stands between two worlds..."

Bandit: "Oh Table Breaker... Please... No...!"

Isabel: "AQUA SOL ARC!"

Aqua: "ACK! MOM!"

Isabel: "Are you torturing these bandits with your DnD character sheet?"

Aqua: scoffs "We can't all make people vomit with a touch, MOM."

Isabel: "No, but you absolutely can with your cooking."

Aqua: "You taught me how to cook!"

Bandits: "Ummm..."

Kazuma: sigh "Okay, while they sort that out... Megumin! Tell them about how you worked out your chants for the Explosion Spell!"

Megumin: "Gladly!"

Darkness: wince "Oh you poor fools..."

Last edited:
Tanya Re-Reincarnated
You know how your version of the Arc sisters are inspired by characters from different stories and all that? Take it a step further and make them all reincarnations of them. And all seven of them end up secretly creating a hidden Syndicate solely to protect the Arc family and their baby brother.

Tanya: "Another world? And I'm a girl again. With a loving family in a world of monsters. Hmph. Who would want to fight for anything but their own self interests?"

Nick Arc sees his youngest daughter pouting. He kneels down next to her.

Nick: "Sweetie? I love you. And I'll be proud of you no matter what you do with your life."

Tanya: "Hmph..."

Nick: "And even if you have trouble understanding it, just... Look for the patterns. There are times when your family and friends fail you, true. But the overall pattern will show that... Well, we love you. And we'll be there for you."

Tanya: "Hnn..."

Nick: "Here. Your mom would freak out, but... Your birthday is coming up soon, so..." He hands her a serrated combat knife "For my special little girl." He kisses the top of her head and heads off. Tanya watches him go.

Tanya: smiles "... You know... This isn't so bad. Fuck you, Being X."

Knightshade: "Impulse Control"
Feeling on a roll today, and I really liked that prompt.

Jaune Arc sighed as he put away his textbook. Cramming was hard, especially since he had to over crazy amount of new information. Good thing he was a fast learner.

"Just a bit more, then I could take a break," He muttered

"Perhaps you should take a break now?" a familiar voice rang in his ear. "You look like your brain might start leaking out of your head."

"Gah!" Jaune turned around to look at the black-haired girl, sitting next to him. "When did you get here, Blake?"

"About half an hour ago," the girl deadpanned. "I thought you'd notice me, but you seemed so engrossed into your book."

"Sorry," Jaune winced apologetically. "Just overfocused on cramming. Happens sometimes."

"I won't judge," Blake stretched. "I know what it means to get lost in a book. Though for me it's usually fiction."

Jaune chuckled. While they weren't exactly the closest, he still considered Blake a friend.

"Never seen you cramming so hard before," she observed. "Any particular reason for that, beside the obvious."

Jaune sighed and looked around.

"Just keep it to yourself, alright. I don't want my team to worry too much," he half-whispered. "You know the deal with my transcripts, right?"

"Yes. Ruby told me," Blake shrugged. "You passed Initiation and came with a plan to kill the Deathstalker, though."

"Yeah, but that might not be enough for my parents," he sighed. "They may still to try to pull me out of Beacon. And I can't hide from them forever. I just figure, if I get good exam scores and manage to get Professor Goodwitch to vouch for me, it'd be enough to prove that I belong here."

"I see," Blake fell silent for a moment, lost in thought. Then she looked back up. "Wait. Seventeen is an age of majority in Vale, would they still try to pull you out. You're technically an adult."

"Won't stop my mom," he winced again. "I'm always her "precious baby". It's embarrassing, really."

"Oh, really?" the catgirl raised an eyebrow. "My mother is pretty embarrassing as well."

"Did your mom ever took you outside after your sisters stuffed you in a dress to make photos, because it "looked cute"?" he asked. "Because mine did."

"I'm an only child," Blake shook her head. "But one time my mom…"

~*~

"…and so," Jaune continued. "She just said "My son will be learning medicine, so you two can play doctor all you want". In front of everyone. I wanted to just jump down a manhole."

"Oof," Blake covered her mouth to stifle giggles. "Can imagine. Well, just you wait. My parents took me on rallies when I was still a kid. And normally I'd just be there in a shorts and T-shirt. But once we arrived a day early, and Mom decided to give me a makeover. It was just after dad was elected Chieftain."

"Uh-huh," Jaune nodded leaning to her.

"So I got a full "princess" makeover just before we were supposed to go to a rally," she scowled. "I was standing there with a "Say 'NO' to oppression" sign. In a frilliest dress you can imagine."

"You must've looked adorable," Jaune chuckled.

"It's no laughing matter," she hissed. "I had ringlets, Jaune. Ringlets."

"Sorry, sorry," he apologized. "It's just I got a bit of a "princess fetish", so to speak."

"I'll file this under "blackmail material"," she winked at him.

"You know," Jaune looked at her. "I don't think I ever seen you so relaxed."

"Guess, talking about embarrassing parents helps,." Blake's face darkened again. "They probably worry about me."

"Maybe you should call them then?" Jaune asked tentatively. "I would've called mine long ago, but I want to have the exam scores to back me up."

"I guess I should," she said slowly. "Just not sure what I'd say to them. And well, we parted after a big fight."

"Want me to go with you?" Jaune leaned to her. "I mean, I'd want support when I'm talking to my mom."

"You know," Blake smiled slightly at him. "I think it's a good idea. I'm getting cold feet just thinking about it and having a friend would be… nice."

~*~

It took Blake a whole day to muster up the courage. She eventually contacted Jaune, and he rushed to her immediately.

"He really wants to be a hero" – the catgirl thought as they were walking to CCT.

It took a few minutes for them to contact Menagerie, and even then they had to wait for her parents to arrive.
Once their faces appeared on the screen, expressions worried and relieved at the same time, she nearly bolted from the cabin again, if it wasn't for Jaune who put his hand on her shoulder and squeezed ever so lightly.

"My baby!" Kali cried. "You're alright"

"Hi, Mom, Dad," Blake croaked. "Yes, I'm alright. I'm in Vale now, a student at Beacon."

"Hmm." Ghira nodded looking at her. "It's good to see you're doing well, Blake."

"Yes…" she was at a loss for words again. Not knowing what to say, where to start.

"And you, young man?" her father continued curiously.

"Jaune Arc, sir," the boy at her side replied. "I'm here for… ah, emotional support?"

"I see," the feline man muttered.

"Mom, Dad…" Blake began again. And again, she faltered. She wanted to say she was sorry for saying so many things. But seeing her parents so relieved, she just couldn't bring herself to remind them of the circumstances of their separation. She needed to apologize, but her tongue became tied.

"C'mon, Blake," Jaune squeezed her shoulder again. "You can do it."

"I'm…" she tried again. "I'm..."

"Blake," her mother interjected, her expression worried. "Are you pregnant?"

"Yes!" she blurted out, her mouth letting out the word before her brain could catch up with it.

Jaune let out a half-choked sound behind her, but Blake only saw her mother's face which went from worried to surprised to positively shining.

"That's wonderful!' Kali squealed, eliciting a surprised gasp from her daughter who still tried to find words. "Did you hear that Ghira? We're going to be grandparents!"

Even Ghira was smiling in the background, though he then frowned slightly and interjected over Kali's gushing.

"I hope you plan to make an honest woman out of my daughter, Mr. Arc," he leveled his gaze on Jaune.

"I… well…" Jaune was at a loss of words too. "Well… we just wanted to…"

"…contact us first?" Kali answered for him with a wide smile on her face. "Right?"

Jaune wanted to say something. Probably correct the misunderstanding. But Blake just couldn't allow it. Not when her parents looked so happy. She couldn't remember them ever being this happy. The catgirl squeezed her friend's hand, preventing him from saying anything. He looked at her oddly, then at her parent on the screen and nodded rapidly.

"Yes. Exactly, "she lied. "We will need to talk about it. You can visit Beacon, right? We have a lot to talk about, and I think it's better if we did it in person."

~*~

" Well," Kali sighed. "At least she's alright and healthy. Not exactly how I would want to learn about having grandkittens, but I'm happy that they're doing fine."

"Seems a bit unexpected," Ghira grumbled. "Never heard of this guy before. It'd take a lot to support a child, especially if they're still students."

"Arc…" Kali muttered. "Arc. Isn't that the old Valean royality?"

"Maybe," Ghira looked at the terminal. "We're here anyway. Might check."

The check revealed one Jaune Arc declared missing in a town of Radian.

"So they eloped together," Kali almost "squeed" again. "That's romantic, don't you think?"

"A bit irresponsible for my tastes," her husband replied.

"Well, it's that, or a man who's as edgy as a moody eight-grader with more issues that cast on New Generation Gospel combined."

"We should contact his parents," Ghira said solemnly, ignoring his wife's obscure references. "They're probably just as worried as we were."

~*~

The two teenagers looked at now dark screen.

"Blake?" Jaune looked at her. "Why?"

"I'm sorry, I panicked!" she looked at him. "I never, ever seen them so happy. I just couldn't… I'm sorry."

"But, what are we going to do when they come here?" Jaune was starting to hyperventilate.

"I HAVE NO IDEA!" the catgirl screamed.

Trying to balance feels and comedy.

Last edited:
Aqua Reincarnated
Tanua:ugh love and affection....... More.

Aqua: sigh "Well.. I'm mortal. At least I get wine despite being underaged... But I miss my friends. I even miss Kazuma..."

Isabel: "Hey sweetie. You okay?"

Aqua: "Well... Um... I'm just... Pondering life and stuff. I'm not sure you can help me, Mom."

Isabel: chuckles "You know, you remind me of myself when I was nine."

Aqua: Considering I'm older than you by several million years, I doubt it, MOM.

Isabel: "Trying to grapple with so many complicated questions. I was always a bright girl and very talented but... It left me kind of lonely. I couldn't relate well to kids my own age, and I couldn't relate as well to adults with more experience."

Aqua: "I... I guess I get that..."

Isabel: "We can't relate to everyone perfectly. That's just not how it works. Even if you had a telepathy Semblance. But... We can relate on the important things." Hugs her "Does that help?"

Aqua: "I... Yeah. A little. I just... Why do you do... Um..."

Isabel: "My job?"

Aqua: "Sure."

Isabel: "Because I want to help people. I want to make their lives better."

Aqua: "But all mortals will die. What's the point?"

Isabel: "To live. To love. To be happy. To learn and grow. Your father is more religious than I am... But I also believe there is something beyond death. And that our actions do matter to the divine, to the universe... And to us."

Aqua: "What if... What if you screw up so much even the divine don't want you around anymore?"

Isabel: "You'd have to screw up really badly for that to happen, Aqua. But even if that is the case... If you truly want redemption? If you seek it with all your heart and soul and body? You will find it. And more importantly? You'll help other people. Given them hope and comfort, even when things are darkest. I was in a lot of dark times myself... But people I didn't even know reached out to me. Helped me. There has to be some kind of justice to the universe to make that matter."

Aqua: "... There is... I-I just... I wonder if the gods are as good as we think they are."

Isabel: "Well... Even if they don't exist or are cruel? I would want to be kind and helpful anyway. If only because it would spite them. I choose to be kind and helpful, even if the universe wants me to be otherwise."

Aqua: "W-Wow Mom... That..." sniffles and hugs her

Isabel: "It's okay Sweetie... It's okay..."

Aqua: Mortals... Can even teach a goddess... Like Kazuma taught me... Ohhhh I hope I see him again someday...!

Salem Against the Gods
Hmm. Ok I have a different idea for a reverse rwby series

Salem: we were a proper society once. We were preparing to take to the stars, to see wonders you couldn't possibly imagine.

*Salem glares her eyes shining crimson*

Salem: And then the gods came with their magic, and they ruined us. Why bother learning about chemical reactions and electrons to make new power systems when you can mumble some gibberish and kiss up to the gods for a free battery?

*Salem stands from her throne mechanical limbs covered in nanites made flesh flexing*

Salem: Disgusting. Weak. Pathetic. And my beloved husband? He embraced this weakness. So I cut him down before the rot could ruin him. But they brought him back.

*Mechanical beast and biological monsters surround Salem waiting for her orders*

Salem: Fine. If humanity wants to abandon their accomplishments to sit at the feet of gods then they can die with their gods.

*Salem mounts a mechanical Cerberus*

Salem: My name is Salem Mandius and I will end the age of gods.

On Railgun Swords
Nick: "Hey sweetie."

Ruby: "Hello sir... Can I see your railgun sword?"

Nick: "Only if you marry my son-"

Ruby: "DONE!"

Nick: "Hahahah! You don't need to, here you go!"

Ruby: GASP! "YES!"

Ruby then breaks the railgun sword through various shenanigans in mechanical troubleshooting.

Ruby: "OH NO HOW DID I BREAK IT?! HOW?! I WAS SO CAREFUL! HOW DO I FIX IT?! No, no... Come on...! WHY IS IS SO SIMPLE BUT SO COMPLICATED?!"

Weiss: walks in "Ruby, have you see my... What?"

Ruby: "WEISS! I BROKE JAUNE'S DAD'S SWORD!"

Weiss: "How terrible."

Ruby: "You're rich! Can you help me get the spare parts?!"

Weiss: "I could."

Ruby: "Oh thank goodness."

Weiss turns to leave.

Ruby: "YOU SAID YOU COULD!"

Weiss: "I didn't say I would."

Ruby: "WEISS!"

On Railgun Swords 2
Ruby: okay…. n-n-n-no need to panic! I just need to look up the make and model number, make note of the various mods, and and… and sell my soul for 1 billion lien and i should be good!

Ruby emerges into the common room nervously. She sees Jaune.

Jaune: "Oh, hey Ruby! How's Blont Joyeux?

Ruby: "Huh? What?"

Jaune: "Uh, my dad's sword?"

Ruby: "O-Oh... Um... Great! It's really an amazing piece of work!"

Jaune: "Isn't it? I remember Dad sitting me in his lap when I was four to help him clean the insulators! Though uh, one time? He got up to go have a beer and I tried to pull out some Grimm gunk between a breaker and didn't trip them first. I might have been electrocuted if Dad hadn't thrown himself at Blont Joyeux to knock it away."

Ruby: "Hahaha... Oh, wow, that was... Um... Heroic of him!"

Jaune: "Yeah. Heh. Mom forbade me from working on the sword with him anymore. He would sneak me in sometimes though, but he never, EVER left me alone with it. He said that while Blont Joyeux protected his family, she needed to be treated with respect. If you messed her up, she'd be like an unruly horse: She'd crush your skull."

Ruby: "Y-Yeah... Uncle Qrow was like that with Crescent Rose. He always watched over me when I worked on it."

Jaune: "That's great, Ruby!"

Ruby: "S-Sooo... Um... Blont Joyeus... Just out of curiosity, who made it?"

Jaune: "Don't know. Apparently it was some prototype kept in this abandoned Atlasian military hardware warehouse. My mom and dad's team was fighting some thieves trying to raid it. One guy shattered both my dad's swords, and nearly had him. He then reached into what looked like a big junk drawer of sword, pulled out one, and swung it while channeling all the Aura he could into it!"

Jaune chuckled.

Jaune: "It was still loaded, can you believe it? So yeah, he annihilated those guys!"

Ruby: "W-Wow... So um... Did he find any plans? Schematics? An instruction manual?"

Jaune: "He had to take her apart and put her back together again to figure it out. Then make his own ammo and replacement parts. Apparently the thieves downloaded all the design documentation for the prototype weapons in the warehouse, then destroyed the servers... And uh, then Aunt Saia destroyed their data drive with her Death Ray. So, uh, no."

Ruby: "Ohhhhh!" groans "How much do you know?! You helped your dad maintain her, right?!"

Jaune: "Well yeah, but come on Ruby. You're the mechanical genius! I just worked on tractors and stuff. It's not like you broke her or anything, right? I mean, that would be impossible! Even if you did, you could fix it right up again!"

Ruby: "R-R-Right! Of-Of course I could, ahahaha!"

Jaune: " But my dad has maintained Blont Joyeus himself for years after! It's all in his head! He'd be able to answer any questions you might have-"

Ruby: "N-NO! No! I'm fine! I'll ask him questions later! Also, for no real reason but um can you do me a favor?"

Jaune: "Sure, what?"

Ruby: "Could you help me move something REALLY big and heavy to the school workshop and forge and NOT ask any questions about what it is?"

Jaune: "... Ruby... Did you kill someone and need to dispose of the body?"

Ruby: "What?! NO!"

Jaune: "Ruby, if you did, I am fully willing to help cover it up. Who was it? Sky Lark? Did he try to take advantage of you? I knew his geeky nature was covering up some creep! If he's still alive, he won't be for long."

Last edited:
Radian Dust Fishing
You know what we need? More bro bonding moments with Jaune and Ren. Make them play some sports together, Ren teaching Jaune aura control, or as one story did, become models together and slowly grow their way to make stardom one edition at a time. or Jaune being a bro and taking one for Ren and keeping Nora occupied for the day.

Something, just more Ren and Jaune bonding as brothers. With Jaune noticeably being the more energetic and caring older brother. With Ren being the quieter but observant younger brother.

Edit: Oh, idea Juane secretly being a bro and tries to set up Nora and Ren on dates. Ren also does the same for Jaune and Pyrrha. Neither of them know this. But Nora and Pyrrha are wholly aware of their shenanigans and can't help but find it funny.

Jaune: today Ren I'm going to teach you the good old tradition of Radian Dust Fishing.

Ren: Please tell me this isn't what I think it is.

Jaune: I would, but I'd be lying. It's not as bad as you think.

*Jaune pulls out a small box full of red, blue, yellow, and purple pellets about the size of a pea*

Jaune: so the red ones heat a small area enough to kill a fish if you hit it directly with the pellet, blue ones do the same but with cold. Yellow causes a paralysis effect in case you wanna try getting them with a net and purple makes them float out of the water.

Ren: huh. I was expecting.....

Jaune: big boom?

Ren: big boom.

Jaune: well for one this is supposed to be a family activity so you don't want anything SUPER dangerous at worst these things will give a human a mild burn or some stiff fingers as long as they have aura or someone with aura nearby, another thing is this helps with aim training for young.

Ren: that's actually pretty cool.

Jaune: yeah you get started I gotta run back to the dorm real quick and grab something I forgot.

*Jaune leaves. A wild Nora appears*

Nora: this doesn't look like a shortcut to pancake palace....

Ren: hello Nora.

Nora: hi Ren, whatcha doing?

Ren: fishing.

Nora: without polls?

Ren: with dust.

Nora: *gasp* lemme lemme lemme!!!

*Behind a tree Jaune whispers to himself*

Jaune: all according to keikaku.

(Note: keikaku means plan)

Isabel's Therapy 1
-Isabel Arc is concerned with the psychological condition of several Hunters-in-Training at Beacon. So she acts as a part-time counselor to the students. Things uh... Things don't go well. Poor Isabel.

Weiss: ...and this concludes my essay on the "daddy kink". Which I totally don't have.

Isabel: I see. We will address that on our next meeting, miss Schnee. After I finish that bottle of Aspirin. Next!

Blake: Hello, Mrs. Arc. I will be straightforward with you, I intend to offer myself to your son as a slave and I need to know how to break it to him so he won't freak out and run away.

Isabel: (stares)

Blake: (stares back, South Park style)

Isabel: NEXT!

Pyrrha: Hello, future mother-in-law.

(Later)

Isabel: How come you're the sanest one?

Nora: I dunno. It's mystery.

Isabel's Therapy 2
Weiss: ...and this concludes my essay on the "daddy kink". Which I totally don't have.

Isabel: I see. We will address that on our next meeting, miss Schnee. After I finish that bottle of Aspirin. Next!

Blake: Hello, Mrs. Arc. I will be straightforward with you, I intend to offer myself to your son as a slave and I need to know how to break it to him so he won't freak out and run away.

Isabel: (stares)

Blake: (stares back, South Park style)

Isabel: NEXT!

Pyrrha: Hello, future mother-in-law.

(Later)

Isabel: How come you're the sanest one?

Nora: I dunno. It's mystery.

*Later that evening*

Isabel: "This place is so fucked up." *Writing her class notes for the next week*

-A knock on the door-

Isabel: "Yes?"

Jaune: "Just me, mom. Can I talk to you?"

Isabel: "Come on in, Jaune. I always have time for my baby boy."

*Jaune comes in, the thousand-yard stare is prevalent*

Isabel: *Turns in her chair to face Jaune* "What's up?"

Jaune: *Still with the thousand-yard stare* "I…"

Isabel: "Uh-oh."

Jaune: *Sits down on another chair* "My partner, Pyrrha, just confessed to me that she loved me. Yang followed immediately after. Blake showed me a collar that said 'Property of Jaune Arc' and asked me to put it on her. Ruby flew herself into my chest as she confessed to me. Weiss called me 'Daddy' as I was trying to recover from the impact of Ruby hitting me.-"

*10 minutes later, after Jaune speaks about the transfers also confessing, even if they have only seen Jaune once-or-twice.*

Jaune: "And then there's Wint-"

Isabel: "Jaune."

Jaune: "Y-yes?"

Isabel: "You need to follow your heart, and think with your mind. Do you like them like that?"

Jaune: *Finally getting away from the thousand-yard stare calming down* "I-"

Jaune: *Deflates as his head hangs* "I don't know. I care for Pyrrha and Team RWBY. But I don't want to hurt anyone else."

Isabel: "Jaune, you're my son. I can offer this only as a mother."

Jaune: *Raises his head to look at Isabel*

Isabel: "I asked the same thing when I had all of you. From Saphron to Tanya and every child in between. But I realized that love is not a finite resource. Only you can decide who you truly like and love."

Jaune: "Mom-"

Isabel: "Jaune, your life is yours. I am only one part to help guide it. If you feel you can find it in yourself to love them, then try."

Jaune: "But what of those I can't find to love?"

Isabel: "Then do your best to let them down as gently as possible."

Jaune: *stands up, walks to Isabel and gives her a hug* "Thanks, mom."

Isabel: *smiles at the embrace* "Anytime, Jaune."

*Jaune releases the hug and turns for the door*

Isabel: "Oh, and Jaune?"

Jaune: *Stops and turns to Isabel* "Yeah, Mom?"

Isabel: "I know you didn't ask this specific question. But I'd certainly give Pyrrha and Yang extra attention, regardless. They need it, for a number of reasons."

Jaune: *Nods with a huff of amusement and a grin* "Thanks for telling me."

Isabel: "Besides, your children with them would be adorable."

Jaune: *Beet Red* "M-mom!"

*Jaune leaves the room, closing the door behind him*

Isabel: *sighs* "I hope I didn't lead him astray."

*Another knock on the door*

Isabel: "Come in."

*Velvet walks in*

Isabel: "Oh, Miss Scarlatina. What can I do for you?"

Velvet: "How can I tell someone I want to fuck them so hard it could break their pelvis?"

Isabel: *Thousand-yard stare*

Last edited:
Isabel Therapy Sessions: Jaune
Of course, Jaune's got his own issues.

Jaune: "You NEVER believed in me!"

Isabel: "That's not true, Jaune! I believed you could be a great doctor-"

Jaune: "And I didn't WANT to be a Doctor!"

Isabel: scowls "You're not cut out to be a Huntsman, Jaune! You spent so much of your life being sickly and weak-"

Jaune: "And I'm FINE now! Hell, with barely any training, I'm still better than 20 percent of the people here! If I work hard enough-"

Isabel: "If you work hard enough, you're going to find yourself in a horrific position! You'll see horrors! You'll go through horrors! You might lose people you love or die pointlessly-!"

Jaune: "Maybe I will! But at least I'll be trying to help and protect people like YOU used to do! Instead of hiding in a hospital and making dad putter around behind city walls!"

Isabel: "We do good work, Jaune! Work YOU could still do! You're romanticizing the life of a Huntsman and it WILL get you or people you care about killed! You're just living a fantasy-!"

Jaune: "Why do my sisters get to choose their paths, but I have to be YOUR vanity project?!"

Isabel: "You're not my-!"

Jaune: "YES I AM! I know why you kept forcing me to do all this crap! You don't think of me as ME! Just some weak little loser YOU have to manage and control because otherwise, I CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT! Isn't that right, Mom?!"

Isabel: "That is NOT what I-!"

Jaune: "Except that you didn't think I could choose for myself! Well I am choosing for myself! And if you think I'm going to die well I'll just prove you and Dad wrong out of SPITE!"

He storms out. Isabel sighs and collapses in her office chair.

Isabel's Therapy Sessions: Izzy and Nick
Isabel: "Nick... Nick. You agreed with me! You-You let me push Jaune to become a Doctor!"

Nick: nods "Yes."

Isabel: "You agreed that it was too dangerous for him to become a Huntsman!"

Nick: nods "Yes."

Isabel: "Well... Why aren't you saying anything?! Why aren't you helping me make him go back home?"

Nick takes a deep breath, and lets it go.

Nick: "Izzy, you know I love you. I love our kids. And I know you do too, you just want what's best for them. And some of our kids you have known exactly what was best for them. Verdy and Coral do need to be close to home for a while longer. Orchid is happy in engineering. Lilac is too in love with the farm and Radian to ever want to leave. But Tangy, Aqua, Saphron, and Jaune all wanted different things. And you didn't want to see that because you care about them so much."

Isabel: "I..."

Nick: "Tangy was never gonna be happy as some financial guru: She's got too much of a fighter's savagery in her for that. Aqua was never gonna be happy following in your footsteps: She needed to be free as a river to settle down on her terms. Saphron you did a lot better with, but you pressured her too much to follow your plan for life and so she left. And Jaune was never gonna be happy as a doctor in a bubble you made for him."

Isabel: "Then why did you go along with my wishes?!"

Nick: "Because I love you. And most of the time you do know better than me! In these cases though... You didn't."

Isabel: "So you just-just undermined me and went behind my back-!"

Nick: "I didn't undermine you, Izzy. I went along until it was clear it wouldn't work anymore. Tangy wanted training? I trained her and her men. Aqua needed some backup? I provided. Saphron needed a train ticket? I got it for her. And Jaune was so stubborn he just ran out. I could have caught him and brought him back, but I didn't."

Isabel: in tears "You know what kind of... You were at Mountain Glenn with me-"

Nick: "I was. I will never forget it. A lot of good people died and the government decided to cut them off and leave them to the Grimm" sighs "You know I still have nightmares... But ultimately, our children are people. They have to make their own decisions, and we can't be there for them all the time. All we can do is trust and hope they make more good decisions than bad and that we taught them well."

Isabel: sniffles.

Nick hugs her with one arm as she cries.

Isabel: "I'm a bad mother..."

Nick: "No. I'm a bad husband, Izzy. I was too afraid to just tell you outright what I was doing, I just went and did it because... Because it needed to be done. I'm sorry."

Isabel: sobs "I love you for that, you know... Just plowing through because of what you felt was right... I just..."

Nick: "It's all right, Izzy, it's all right... Grandpa George told me that as long as everyone's alive? There's time to fix things. If you're willing to fix things with your terrible husband?"

Isabel: laughs through her tears "If you're willing to fix things with a terrible wife?"

Nick: "What terrible wife? I've only got the one and she's the best thing that ever happened to me."

Isabel: laughs some more "You corny idiot..."

Nick: "Yeah... Your idiot. Forever."

Isabel: "I wouldn't have it any other way."

Last edited:
Doctor Knowall 2
Doctor Jaune Arc, or Doctor Knowall as he was going by, looked out of the restaurant window. The shining lights of Vale formed a beautiful outline against the darkness of the sky. The broken moon hung overhead, as it always did. And still did even in his time.

"Doctor? Doctor Knowall?"

"Hm? Oh, yes," Jaune said quickly, turning back to the woman across the table. The beautiful Glynda Goodwitch, the Deputy Headmistress of Beacon, raised an eyebrow at him. He smiled softly.

"Apologies. I haven't seen Vale in a long time."

Glynda slowly nodded, the tiniest hint of a smile on her face. If he didn't know any better, he would think she thought him attractive. Sure, he had gotten cleaned up and his suit was well tailored (He'd found one of Tangy's emergency funds she wouldn't tap and he knew how to get around the safeguards she set up to check for theft) but... No. He wasn't going to entertain anything like that.

Even if she was drop dead gorgeous. Almost as gorgeous as...

No. You are not thinking about that, Jaune admonished himself, as Glynda nodded.

"It is beautiful," she agreed quietly. She then returned to the serious expression she'd been wearing since he'd shown up.

"But we are short on time, Doctor."

"Of course," Jaune said, sitting up straight and trying to convey that he was confident, but not too confident. Honestly, he hadn't thought he would ever need the skills for a job interview ever again. Not after Radian...

No. No. Radian is fine. Radian will be fine. You just have to focus, He thought, as Glynda went through his files.

"Your residency and experience is heavily focused on the frontier," Glynda said, "Any particular reason? Your transcripts would have let you get a job at any major hospital."

Well I didn't exactly have much choice, seeing how civilization was collapsing around us, Jaune thought to himself. Outwardly, he shrugged.

"Isabel Arc started as a field combat medic. My teacher was taught by her, and he had the same philosophy before he died: Go out to heal and save whoever you can out there. Try to..."

He glanced at the island of light outside. One that would go dim in a few short years if he didn't...

"Try to push the boundaries of where the light reaches," Jaune decided on, "And help people who can't help themselves."

"It's a brutal task, Doctor," Glynda stated calmly, her eyes like hard emeralds, "A hard one."

"It is," Jaune agreed, "But... Someone has to do it, for there to be any kind of future."

Glynda stared into his eyes. He let his weariness show. That didn't require any thought, because it was the chief emotion he had felt back in the future: Tired.

Glynda slowly nodded.

"I see," she said quietly. "There are a few other candidates I will be interviewing. But... If it helps? I think you would do well at Beacon."

He allowed himself a small smile.

"Thank you, Professor. I had always hoped I would."

- - -

They exited after paying for their meal. Glynda raised an eyebrow as he walked nearby her. He shrugged.

"My apartment is in the same direction as the airship port," he explained.

"Indeed," Glynda hummed.

Knowall shrugged.

"Besides... While you are absolutely beautiful and amazing, I... Well..." He shrugged again and looked back up at the moon.

"I see," Glynda said softly, "Your wife?"

Jaune slowly nodded.

"Was going to be," he replied softly. "Grimm attack."

"I'm sorry," Glynda said, genuine sympathy in her tone as they walked. He nodded slowly, his expression like stone. He reached out to pat her shoulder gently, to reassure her where his face and words wouldn't. She nodded back, and looked ahead.

"Have you lost any...?" Jaune asked. He then sighed. "Sorry. That's too personal."

"I got personal first," Glynda said with gentle admonishment, "My parents. A perimeter breach in the town of Fluske, North Vale. I was at Beacon at the time. We got there and..." She shrugged. "My house was nearest the wall."

"Sorry," Jaune said quietly. Glynda nodded, and let out a soft sigh as they crossed the street.

"It is... Amazing how human beings can still go on, despite all we lose, isn't it?"

"I like to think so," Jaune replied.

There was an explosion ahead that blew out a shop's windows. Glynda pulled her riding crop while Jaune went into a combat stance. A few thugs in black and white pinstripe suits with bowler hats poured out of the shop, carrying barrels of Dust. A tall redhead in a white suit with black bowler and cane emerged, and spun around with a laugh.

"Ah... A nice night on the town," he sighed. He looked over at the two with a scowl. "Hey! Unless you want Roman Torchwick's autograph, you can scram!"

"I don't think so," Glynda stated firmly, raising her riding crop like a baton and sending rocks and debris around at Roman like a machine gun. Roman swung his cane and spun it, using Fire Dust to project a shield of flame. The other goons began to charge. Jaune took a deep breath... And dashed forward.

Remember Jaune, his mother's words came to him, You can't control your brain like I can with my Semblance. You'll have to emulate it with Aura control. But if you can speed up your ability to process information? Everything else will come far more easily.

The first thugs swung machine guns for him like they were in slow motion. A burst of speed and Jaune slammed his hands into their stomachs. He forward flipped over them, slamming his foot into the face of the next goon. He went down hard, while his buddies opened fire on him. Jaune bobbed and weaved, his arms flying almost loose behind him, before he again used a speed burst and punched two of the gunmen down. The third kept firing, and Jaune held up his arms to tank the shots. He then charged him, and swung his foot up between the guy's legs.

"GYAH!" He shrieked as he went flying right back through the broken storefront windows. Jaune turned back as Roman dueled with Glynda. Roman unleashed Fire Dust blasts in a furious barrage, which Glynda quickly countered with every telekinetically seized projectile she could get her Semblance on. Jaune dashed again, and swung a fist for the back of Roman's head.

SHING!

Reality... Shattered, as he missed Roman by scant inches. His eyes went wide.

What the-?! Enhance senses! NOW!

He channeled Aura to his nose, eyes, and ears. He took a sword stab to the side, and grunted as he stumbled. He heard the barest flap of an umbrella, and reached out to snag it!

Reality shattered around him again. A girl with mismatched eyes, pink and brown hair, a white suit and bowler hat stared at him in shock. He swung for her, but she jumped back out of reach, yanking her umbrella sword with her. She landed on a parked car, and tilted her head in curiosity.

Roman jumped back with her, panting heavily.

"Well... This is a bust. Next time? Pick a better date idea than spoiling my plans!"

He and the girl vanished. Jaune scanned around, but he couldn't pick up on them anywhere. He looked over at Glynda, who was walking over the groaning, unconscious henchmen.

"You okay, Professor?"

"I'm fine, what about you?" Glynda asked, pointing at his side. Jaune looked and checked for blood. He held up red fingers, and sighed.

"Ah, yeah. One sec." He pressed his hand down on the wound, and focused his Aura. The stab wound vanished, and he relaxed.

"There we go. No harm done," he said with a smile... Which turned into a frown. "Though I'm gonna need this suit to be repaired."

Glynda gave him a wry expression, before she waved her implement. His suit's rips and tears were repaired, leaving him in pristine condition. He smiled genuinely.

"Well, thank you very much Professor."

"You may as well get used to calling me Glynda," Glynda said, her smirk becoming a small smile, "As I think we will soon become colleagues."

Jaune grinned.

"You mean it?"

"You acted as perfect support for me and brought these thugs down with no fatalities," Glynda said, "Trust is essential in this business... And you've more than earned it."

Jaune nodded.

"Well Miss... Glynda? If you'll have me? I'm all yours."

- - -

A bit short and maybe a bit rushed, but hey, I'm on my lunch break.

Isabels' Therapy Sessions: Ruby
Ruby sits down in Isabel's office on the couch, swinging her legs a bit as she looks around at all the pictures the Doctor brought with her. Her silver eyes lit up when she spotted a picture in particular.

Ruby: "Hey! Is... Is that my mom?"

Isabel: "It is! Hang on..."

Isabel gets the picture down and hands it to Ruby. Ruby eagerly looks upon the picture, showing a young Summer Rose with a younger Isabel, a blonde girl with streaks in her hair she didn't recognize scowling at them, a brunette woman with red eyes scowling at the other blonde, and a dusky Pandu woman in white robes with red hair, smiling nervously.

Ruby: "Wow... Who are the other girls?"

Isabel: "That's Raven Branwen, Yang's mother."

Ruby: "Huh! Dad and Uncle Qrow don't talk about her much."

Isabel: "I guessed that. That's Saia Sarkaras, she married our teammate Arjun and now rules Pandu. She's one of my best friends."

Ruby: wide eyes "You're best friends with a queen?!"

Isabel: giggles "Yup! We don't see eachother as often as we would like, but we're still close. She's the godmother of my children, Jaune included."

Ruby: "Who's that blonde girl?"

Isabel: "Glynda Goodwitch."

Ruby: "In tight black leather?! Is that a nose ring?!"

Isabel: giggles "She tried being 'edgy' and 'rebellious' for a time. I think she got it out of her system. She was my senior adviser, and so we went for girls' nights out from time to time. Going to bars, movies, that sort of thing."

Ruby: "Wow... I um... Hey. I know this therapy thing is... Supposed to be about me or whatever..."

Isabel: "It's about anything you want, Ruby. You can talk about anything."

Ruby: very small voice "... Can... Can you tell me about my mom?"

Isabel: smiles "Of course I can. Where would you like to start?"

An hour passes as Isabel tells Ruby all about Summer. Ruby laughs a lot, as does Isabel. They get cookies and tea... And milk for Ruby.

Ruby: "Wow... There's just so much I didn't know."

Isabel: "Mm? What do you mean?"

Ruby: "I-I mean, Dad and Uncle Qrow told me lots of stuff about Mom but... Always of her being like this superhero. I don't get a lot of her being... Um..."

Isabel: "Normal?"

Ruby: "Yeah."

Isabel: "It's okay. Trust me, we were all dorks back then. I timed how long it took my team to take bathroom breaks and insisted they be faster."

Ruby: laughs "Oh wow! That's terrible!"

Isabel: "Yeah. Your mom insisted on teaching everyone how to cook. Your father was a quick study and became very good... After a few disasters. Raven managed some basics but baking? Ha! She blew up an oven! Of course, she was working with your uncle, who tried to learn because he heard it could get him 'chicks'."

Ruby: "Let me guess: Total disaster?"

Isabel: "He still has a ban from kitchens across Vale. Your mother was a great cook, Ruby. But she insisted on sugar and cinnamon in everything. I swear I regrew a few teeth her cookies rotted away. And she could be annoying. She told terrible jokes."

Ruby: "Like what?"

Isabel: bright and cheery "Did ya hear about the peanuts on the subway? One of them was a-salted!"

Ruby: "HAHAHAHA! Oh, geez... That's horrible!"

Isabel: "Yeah. Your dad and mom got along great, really. It... She was really down when your dad married Raven first. But she was bright and cheerful, and went on helping people with your uncle as her partner until... Well... Raven left. But your mom and dad got together and they were very happy, Ruby. I still remember the wedding."

Ruby: "I... I see..." She bows her head

Isabel: "Ruby? What's wrong?"

Ruby: "I'm just... Urgh! Dad and Uncle Qrow just tell me all this stuff about when she was so super awesome! And that's great but... She never felt like a real person, you know? Like, I didn't even know she told terrible jokes until now! Why didn't they tell me?!"

Isabel: "Well... Your father took her death very hard, Ruby. So did Qrow. Honestly? I lost track of them for years. I didn't even know about you until recently. They never told me. I think that... Losing Summer was just so painful for them that they only wanted to tell you about the best times, because the hard times might make them feel terrible if you didn't like what you heard. They wanted to make sure you loved and admired your mother."

Ruby: "Yeah but... I feel like I'm... I'm missing stuff! And I don't know what it is! Like... I should know all about my Mom, shouldn't I?! If she was... Was awkward and dorky like me! Or... I don't know..."

Isabel hesitates, before she goes over and sits on the couch with Ruby.

Isabel: "It was very hard for them too, Ruby. To lose her."

Ruby: "Yeah, well... At least they got to know her. Know if she'd... She'd be proud of me."

Isabel: "She would, Ruby. I know she would." She looks regretfully up at the clock "We're out of time, Ruby."

Ruby: "... Can... Can you tell me more about her in more sessions?"

Isabel: smiles "And outside of them. I promise."

Ruby: beams and hugs her tightly "Thank you!" She zips out of there. Isabel sighs and looks at the photo with a nostalgic smile.

Isabel: "It has been a long time, hasn't it?"

Later, Glynda Goodwitch tried to sneak into the office... Lifted the picture with her Semblance...

The light go on. Isabel scowls at Glynda.

Isabel: "Glynda."

Glynda: "Isabel... You promised you burned that picture."

Isabel: "No, Summer promised she burned that picture. She was always the better liar."

Glynda scowls.

Isabel: "Relax! I won't share it on the CCTnet. Promise."

Glynda: "You'd better not. I still have copies of that 'Love Letter.'"

Isabel: eyes narrow "Touche."

Doctor Knowall: The Future Left Behind
(wanted to imagine the world knowall left behind)

Sitting on a broken CCT tower in a ruined city a blindfolded woman hums to herself before starting to sing.

"Alone at the end of the world with nobody to finish my song.~"

Long and messy black and grey hair with some faded red at the tips, a torn black outfit and a tattered red scarf that looks like it was torn off of a much bigger piece of cloth.

"The lights gone out it's all gone wrong.~"

Her voice fades out and Ruby sits on the tower quietly. She'll sit here for another few hours before falling asleep and repeating the process.

She's been waiting for a long time.

She'll wait for a lot longer.

Isabels' Therapy Sessions: Weiss
Weiss enters with a look of displeasure. She sits on the couch.

Weiss: "... Honestly, I don't know why I have to be assigned to therapy sessions."

Isabel: "It's School Policy, you were involved in a violent incident outside of the school's boundaries."

Weiss: sigh "... You're not going to use this to make me go out with your son, are you?"

Isabel: confused "What? Has he been harassing you? Do I need to straighten my son out?" Her eyes glow ominously.

Weiss, shocked, waves her hands.

Weiss: "Nonono! No! He's uh... He was rather obnoxious, at times, but he's... He's fine! We're friends now!"

Isabel, all smiles and normal: "Oh good! Just making sure."

Weiss: "I... Yes..." sighs "Do... We have to talk about anything in particular?"

Isabel: "No. And I won't divulge anything we talk about either, to anyone."

Weiss: "... I've heard that before."

Isabel: "I imagine you have. But rest assured, I do not work for your father. Nor do I want to." sighs "Honestly? This may be unprofessional but..."

Weiss: "But...?"

Isabel: "Well. I met him when my team was in their twenties. We protected your mother from some kidnapping attempts... Met her too."

Weiss: "Really?"

Isabel: "Yes... And... Well... How do I put this?"

Weiss: "As bluntly as possible."

Isabel: "Your mother was thirsty for my boyfriend, now husband, and your father came off as a lying snake."

Weiss: "... She didn't see that?"

Isabel: "Weiss... The sad truth is? If she didn't marry your father, you wouldn't be here. And I think that would be a shame. Though that doesn't make him any less of a bastard coated bastard with bastard filling... Bastard."

Weiss: "I see... Can you tell me more? Which uh... I will verify-"

Isabel: "That's okay. I completely understand. Well..."

Isabel talks about her family life. Weiss listens raptly.

Weiss: "I just... It's hard to imagine a happy family life. It all seems so... Saccharine and fake."

Isabel: "It has its problems. Orchid and Nick tried to turn the tractor into a hot rod for a summer project. That was a mess. He also tried to plow the fields on his own... I mean, he's strong enough and he finished but he was burning so much Aura it was ridiculous. Heh... When I was having our first babies? He actually carried me in his arms and ran all the way to the hospital. Ran right past his motorcycle."

Weiss: "Heh... You married such a... Um..."

Isabel: "Dolt?"

Weiss: blush "... Well..."

Isabel: "Yes. Oh we have our problems. I can... I can be too controlling and overbearing. He can be too free spirited and impulsive. But..." smiles warmly "He is the love of my life. And I wouldn't trade him for anything. I just wish I hadn't been such a bitch to him at first... But honestly? I wasn't thinking about romance. I was so determined to lift my family out of poverty... Do everything myself..."

Weiss: "I... You're not very subtle, you know!"

Isabel: "Hm? I'm only speaking from my experience, Weiss. What are you speaking about?"

Weiss: blush "... Sorry. It's hard for me to not be suspicious that people have an ulterior motive with me."

Isabel: "And there's nothing wrong with that. It can be useful. Honestly, the number of con artists my husband fell for got ridiculous. Any sob story he heard, he'd go and help." smiles "But when it was genuine? I am very glad his big heart got us there. It doesn't hurt to be a little trusting. Especially with your friends. That said? I know it's not easy."

Weiss: "So, how do you become more trusting?"

Isabel: "Well... They do have to earn it. Have your friends earned your trust?"

Weiss: "... To some extent."

Isabel: "Then keep working on it. You both earn trust the more you do for one another. This doesn't mean you push yourself too hard... Just keep moving as a pace you are comfortable with."

Weiss: "But I do have to keep moving."

Isabel: "Yes."

Weiss: "... Thank you, Doctor Arc."

Isabel: "No problem. Our session is done for the day."

Weiss: "Already? I mean... Um... That's good."

Isabel: "See you next time?"

Weiss: "I suppose..." She gets up and leaves.

Isabel: sighs "... I should have slugged that smarmy little bastard when I had the chance. Maybe then he'd have become a good father. Or a decent one. Or Willow would have poisoned him by now..."

Cowboys of Remnant: Gifts and Horses
Ren was meditating in the Star Maiden Garden, at peace with everything in the world. The birds were singing and the sun was shining. It was all beautiful and perfect.

Well, mostly. He heard a familiar sound of jangling spurs. He looked up to see his friend and team leader, Jaune Arc, approaching him carrying a round hat box.

"Jaune," Ren greeted softly. Jaune sighed.

"All right, Ren. Listen... You hold onto this hatbox and go with the flow."

He shoved it into Ren's hands, who took it with some confusion.

"I... What? Why?" He asked.

"RENNY!"

Jaune took a step to the side and smiled.

"Howdy Nora!"

"Howdy Jaune-Jaune!" Nora greeted cheerfully, bouncing up happily. "What's going on? What's in the box?"

"It's a gift for you, Nora," Jaune said. Ren's eyes widened.

"I..."

Nora's eyes widened happily. She gasped for joy.

"Really?! What is it what is it what is it?!"

"I uh... Um..." Ren held it up to Nora. She picked up the box, and opened it with a flourish. She gasped and pulled out a white Stetson in pink sparkles.

"IT'S PERFECT! THANK YOU RENNY!" She hugged Jaune tightly.

"Kiss his cheek," Jaune muttered, "To show your appreciation."

Nora kissed Ren's cheek very happily, and nuzzled him. Ren gaped and went red.

"And to celebrate your newfound hat, here," Jaune said, handing Nora some tickets, "The best dang barbecue place in Vale's having a special on ribs."

"I LOVE RIBS!" Nora cheered. "Let's go Renny! Please? Please? Please?!"

Ren stared in disbelief... Then gave Nora a smile. A small, rare one, but he only showed them to her.

"Sure. You go get ready."

"YIPPIEE!" Nora cried, charging off with her sparkly pink hat shining in the sunshine. She whooped and spun around happily before she jumped off through the pillars holding up the front gate of Beacon.

Ren looked over at Jaune, a bit stunned.

"I... Why?"

Jaune smiled warmly.

"You're my partner, Ren. And you and Nora deserve some happiness."

Ren looked at his hands quietly.

"I... I'm not sure about this."

Jaune blinked and shrugged.

"I know. But do you like to see her be happy?"

"Yes. More than anything," Ren said quietly.

"Then let her be happy," Jaune said with a smile. "And you'll be happy. Besides, you also love ribs."

Ren nodded.

"I do. That said... How did you get the hat and tickets?"

Jaune sighed.

"My sister's idea of a practical joke. She sent me these for a date."

Ren's eyes narrowed.

"A date with Nora?"

Jaune held his hands up.

"No! Of course not! A man never steals from his best male friend!"

Ren blinked.

"We're best male friends?"

"I mean... Aren't we?" Jaune asked.

Ren smiled softly.

"I suppose we are. Now."

"So," Jaune said, "You want a cowboy hat too?"

Ren narrowed his eyes.

"Does it also have glitter?"

Jaune winced.

"... Some?"

Ren shook his head. Jaune sighed.

"Well now who am I going to give this damn thing?" He pulled out another hat, covered in red and green glitter.

"One of your many paramours would appreciate it," Ren deadpanned.

"I ain't got a paramour," Jaune said stubbornly.

"Not yet. I guess they'd have to fight to the death for the hat," Ren observed.

Jaune scowled.

"That ain't funny."

"Wasn't supposed to be."

Last edited:
White Knight: The Marriage Meeting
Weiss was barely able to keep from grinding her teeth through long practice as she walked with Klein through the halls of the Schnee Mansion. The place was as cold and sterile as ever, cleaned by robots and servants to never betray so much as the barest hint of humanity. That was how her father preferred it.

Her elegant dress fit her svelte body well, pure whites and blues. Tasteful, yet showing off her best assets. It burned her to think she had to show herself off like some dog at a competition...

"It will be all right, Miss Schnee," Klein spoke into her thoughts. She looked over at her faithful butler, the only person in her life who had shown her some paternal affection, and managed a tiny smile.

"I know," she said quietly, "Just put up with this ridiculous farce for a bit longer and I can go back..."

She was going to say 'home'. How strange she thought of Beacon as a home more than here.

Klein nodded. There was a small glint in his eyes.

"This one though... You never know. He might not be as bad as the others."

Weiss sniffed haughtily.

"You confused optimism for stubbornness sometimes, Klein," she said, though not as harshly as she would have otherwise. Klein chuckled as they rounded a corner. "Who is he, anyway? Another banker's son? Scion of a tech empire? A Mistral prince?"

"He's Valean, minor nobility," Klein explained as they headed down the hallway, "The great-grandson of Empress Arturia."

Weiss raised an eyebrow.

"I thought she abdicated at the end of the Great War?"

"She did," Klein confirmed, "Retired to a little town in North Sanus. But even a former Empress has great connections. Her granddaughter, the young man's mother, is an exceptional doctor who has revolutionized the field of Aura healing, and her grandson-in-law is a great Huntsman. He slew a Grimm Dragon in his youth."

"And this young man? What has he done?" Weiss sniffed. Klein chuckled.

"Not much, yet. I got a good look at him though: He seems quite kind and humble, compared to the other suitors your father has dragged up."

Weiss sighed. Klein winked.

"Come on... You never know. He might be the one?"

"That'll be the day," Weiss snorted. They reached the meeting room. Weiss forced a polite smile onto her face as she entered. It was a well apportioned and furnished drawing room, with large windows to let in the infrequent Atlasian sunlight. At the head of the marble table sat a regal looking, short elderly woman in blue and white dress fit for a former empress. A white haired man she guessed was the Empress's consort sat nearby, with swept back white hair, tanned skin, and a nice green suit.

"Empress Arturia, it is an honor," Weiss said graciously, curtseying, "And your consort...?"

"Shirou Arc, Miss Schnee," the man greeted, standing up with his wife. He nodded with a polite smile. Weiss frowned inwardly.

Arc?

"Our great-grandson went to the bathroom," Empress Arturia stated, "He should be back-"

"Sorry! Sorry I'm late!" A painfully familiar male voice called out from the doorway. Weiss turned, her eyes widening in horror at the tall blond boy in a sleek black suit.

"I didn't mean to-Weiss?!"

"JAUNE?!"

- - -

The adults were discussing things in the drawing room. Weiss had dragged Jaune out into the gardens with the excuse of "getting to know him better". Once she had him far enough away from the windows to avoid too much attention, she shot him her most venomous glare and shoved him back against an orange tree.

"What the-How are you the great-grandson of EMPRESS ARTURIA?! SHE USED TO RULE MOST OF THE WORLD!"

Jaune coughed, and shrugged.

"Um... I mean... I could go into the birds and the bees-"

"UGH! YOU DOLT!" Weiss pulled back and massaged her temples in irritation. Jaune shrugged.

"Hey, come on! I didn't know I was meeting you! I thought I was meeting your sister or something!"

"My sister was disowned!" Weiss snarled, glaring at him. "Did you ask your great-grandma to set this up?!"

"What?! NO!" Jaune waved his hands. "Of course not! Look Weiss, you made it clear you hated me, all right? Why would I give you more reasons to?"

Weiss froze. The hurt look on his face was uncomfortably similar to Ruby's when Weiss had gone too far. Like a kicked puppy's.

She took a deep breath, and let it out.

"I'm sorry," she said quietly, "I just... I was blindsided." She scowled at him. "Why did you agree to this, anyway?"

Jaune sighed and shrugged.

"Every so often, Nana Arturia has to make a show of some of her relatives to some of her old contacts. That they might get to marry into the family. There's like, zero wealth involved but a lot of prestige. She has us go through some marriage meetings just to appease her old friends, and then we go home. If there's one person she thinks might be a good match for one of her relatives, and this is super rare, she'll approve. But only if they're actually in love. She got tired of the marriage political games in her youth-Hell, Papa Shirou was a high school student who wanted to become a chef when she met him during the Great War."

Weiss again stared at him.

"Shirou the God of Swords? One of the most deadly combatants in history?! He wanted to become a chef?!"

Jaune shrugged.

"My mom wanted me to become a doctor. Your dad wants you to marry some bigwig..." He shoved his hands in his pockets and sighed. "It's... Just how it goes, I guess."

Weiss flushed a bit. She cleared her throat, and looked back towards the windows.

"So... Um-"

"She's not going to force this, relax," Jaune stated, sounding a little bitter, "She hates your dad. In the old days, she'd have had him beheaded. We're not gonna get married, all right? You don't have to worry about suffering my company any longer than you have to."

Weiss winced. Jaune looked at her, and then lowered his eyes.

"I'm sorry," he said quietly, "I don't like this situation and... And I'm pretty tense, too. Not because of you, just... I hate that I have to get paraded around-"

"Like a dog at a show?" Weiss asked softly. Jaune nodded. She snorted. "Yes, well... At least you don't have to do that as often as I do."

Jaune frowned.

"How much...?"

Weiss sighed.

"Since I was... Nine I think? Paraded around, shown off. All to potential business partners and their sons. All terrible."

"Sorry," Jaune said quietly. Weiss nodded.

"It's not your fault," she stated softly, "It's... Just the situation."

Silence fell. Weiss coughed.

"You uh... You never mentioned you were directly related to the Empress."

"Of course not," Jaune stated firmly, "I'm not some bragging asshole. I want to earn my place... Not ride off my family's accomplishments."

Weiss stared intensely at Jaune.

"I... So do I," she mumbled.

Silence fell again. Jaune forced a chuckle.

"Uh... You know, this is probably the longest we've ever talked."

"Yes, well," Weiss sighed, "I hope I didn't dash your hopes and dreams too harshly. I'm not exactly a prize for... For someone like you."

Jaune stared at her.

"What are you talking about?"

"I mean... You would probably want someone more like... You know..." Weiss shrugged. "Ruby."

"She is my best friend," Jaune said, "But uh... Well..." He turned away, digging his hands into his pockets, "I thought... I think you're pretty amazing, too. Not just your looks, but your intelligence, your kindness-"

"My kindness?" Weiss asked in disbelief. "I... I've been nothing but a bitch to you!"

Jaune stated, and looked back over his shoulder at her. She shrugged helplessly.

"I mean... You were really annoying at first but..." She bit her lower lip. "I... I could have been nicer about... Turning you down."

Jaune shrugged again.

"Well..." He rubbed the back of his head, "I was pretty obnoxious. And, you know? Now that I see what you have to go through, well. I'm sorry, Weiss. I must have come off as some kind of... Of golddigger."

"No," Weiss stated, "You came off as a buffoon."

Jaune stared at her. She smiled weakly. He chuckled.

"Yeah... Yeah, I did," he said. "Sorry. It's... Kind of who I am."

"Yes, I-I suppose so," Weiss admitted quietly.

Silence again fell. Weiss sighed.

"Do you want to go to the kitchen?"

"Sure, I'm starving," Jaune said with a nod.

"Good. You'll have to do the cooking, since I'm hopeless at it," Weiss warned.

"I just wanted a sandwich," Jaune said in surprise. Weiss sighed, a little smile on her face.

"Like I said, I'm hopeless."

- - -

Arturia, Shirou, and Klein watched the teenagers head into the other part of the mansion. Arturia wore a little smile as she held hands with her husband.

"Like I said," Klein said, "She's really a sweet, wonderful young woman. It takes a special kind of man to even get a smile out of her."

"And our great-grandson is certainly a glutton for punishment," Shirou sighed.

"I think it runs in the family," Arturia joked. The two smiled warmly at one another, as Klein chuckled.

- - -

I don't know where this came from, but it's up to you to decide if it's worth continuing or expanding upon.

Last edited:
Even More Blake is Racist 5
With great reluctance and nervousness, Jaune goes up to Blake while she's at her rocket locker. She scowls at him a bit.

Jaune: "Hey Blake."

Blake: "Jaune."

Jaune: "Blake... I got some coupons for the Celsus Coffee House and Bookshop tomorrow." He holds them out "I thought you might like to go with me."

Blake: "Wait... Go with you... Like... Like a date?"

Jaune: nods "Yes."

Blake turns bright red.

Blake: frowns "It's... A little sudden. I mean, you've been avoiding me a lot lately."

Jaune: "Well, I wanted to make it up to you. I think we just had a miscommunication."

Blake: "I also thought you were pursuing Weiss."

Jaune: "No! No, I'm over her. Honestly? I think you're much prettier than her."

Blake: blush "... Wait... " scowls "Is it because you have a cat Faunus fetish?"

Jaune: "Er... I mean, no more than any other guy-"

Blake: "You dated a cat Faunus before, right?"

Jaune: "Yes, I did. We ended it amicably. I don't see you as a replacement for her if that's what you're asking."

Blake: shyly "Do you... Do you think I'm hotter than her?"

Jaune: "... Yes. Yes I do."

Blake: "... All right. Um... Do... Do you want me to wear a collar or-or anything?"

Jaune is silent for a while.

Jaune: "I mean... Not on the first date?"

Blake: "Oh, right. That... That would be rushing things for normal romance. Which I totally know how to do!"

Jaune: "It's okay, Blake. We'll just take it a step at a time, and have fun. All right?"

Blake: smiles "All... All right..."

Jaune has to admit, that is a pretty smile. He smiles back.

Jaune: "Great!"

Blake: "Okay. Sounds good." She heads off

Jaune: sighs once he's sure she's out of hearing range

Jaune: "Okay... Step One complete."

Ruby: "YAY!" Hugs Jaune "You did it! She'll get some normal romance and then she'll stop being so racist!"

Jaune: "We can only hope..."

Weiss and Yang also emerge from hiding.

Yang: "Oho? You dated a cat Faunus before, huh? Guess you've got Cat Scratch Fever?"

Jaune: "I didn't like her for that alone. We were like, childhood friends!"

Weiss: "So... You think Blake is prettier than me?"

Jaune: "Er... Honestly? I think you're all ridiculously beautiful, just in different ways."

Weiss: blush... Huffs "Sure you do!"

Ruby: blush "Really?"

Jaune: "Yes, really."

Yang: bright red... Snickers "Yeah, sure!"

Jaune: "I mean it! I'm still really sorry I came on so strong, Weiss. But I do think you're all gorgeous. I um, I might have fixated on you because, well... You're like the opposite of my ex and I didn't want to compare you to her. It wouldn't be fair. But she is just one of many kinds of girls I'm into... Well, maybe the kind I'm most into, really. I'm learning stuff about myself."

Yang: Grabs Jaune's Scroll "Oh? The exact opposite? So what is Katy Sith... Like...?"

She freezes and stares. The others do too.

A busty, blonde and muscular cat Faunus girl sits with Jaune in a photobooth.

Yang: "I... Wha...?"

Jaune: "I mean, you know... It's not like I dislike her or anything. I just... It's easy to fall for people like those you dated before so... Um... I'm gonna go!"

Jaune flees, grabbing his Scroll.

Weiss: scowls "What does he mean the exact opposite?! I... I'm beautiful! So what if my chest isn't huge?!"

Ruby: stares at Yang "Yang? You okay?"

Yang: "He's... Into... But he didn't...?" Eyes narrow "Why the hell did he... It's not like I'm a cat Faunus! I bet she's not a boxer, either! What the hell, Vomit Boy?!"

Ruby: "I mean, he said we're all beautiful in our own ways-"

Yang: "He didn't hit on me once because he didn't want to replace his ex?! That's the shittiest excuse ever! Going after BLAKE, now that's a repeat!"

Weiss: "I didn't think you cared, Yang."

Yang: "I DON'T! But... Ya know... Since he's over you... And maybe if we help Blake... He could ask me out. I mean, she looked pretty happy!"

Weiss: "They broke up!"

Yang: "AMICABLY!"

The Lost Fable: Sin
This is part 2 of 3 of Oz and Salem's revised backstory.

The Lost Fable: Sin

Death is inevitable. From peasant to prince, death comes for us all. Many will fight it. Some will embrace it. But all will succumb to it.

When death came for Ozma, he fought with all his heart. The illness that gripped him sapped the very lifeforce from his body but he still held on, bolstered by his purpose and his love. He weakened and withered, but continued with his works. Even as his eyesight failed and his breath grew labored, he quested across the world, slaying monsters and protecting the innocent. When his mind began to fail him, he still remembered the love of his life and cherished her until his last breath.

For Salem, to watch the man who had freed her and given her purpose be reduced to a shell of himself was nothing more than torture. She incessantly searched for cures to Ozma's mysterious condition, even as her husband insisted on continuing their adventures. With every failure, the despair in her heart grew. Salem, for all her power, could not save the man she loved.

And when Ozma finally died, the despair overtook her.

When the news of Ozma's death spread, nations across the world declared days of mourning. They could do no less for one of the greatest heroes of an age. The Order of Light presided over his funeral, carrying his body to be interred in the tombs of its heroes. The lines of mourners who came to pay their respects stretched for miles. Kings and Empresses gave speeches praising his great acts of service. Archmages and High Priests lauded his skill and piety. His fellow Paladins praised his valor and might.

And Salem said nothing at all.

When the procession ended, and Ozma's body was finally laid to rest in his tomb, Salem remained. The widow stood vigil in front of her husband's grave for the entire night and when morning came, she had vanished.

The world may have accepted Ozma's passing but she would not.

In the years that followed, sightings of the Sorceress would be reported all across the realms. Sometimes in the company of great scholars and wizards, other times in places of great tragedy and woe. For decades, Salem collected and studied every scrap of magic she could acquire, much of it esoteric and forbidden, all in the pursuit of singular goal: the resurrection of Ozma. Daemonic cults, necromantic cadres, and covens of hags and witches found themselves attacked by a lone woman garbed in mourning clothes, who would strike without mercy to steal their lore and torture them for their secrets. Delving into the darkness wrought a terrible price on Salem, bringing her closer to insanity as she witnessed things no mortal was meant to comprehend. But the throes of madness only aided her quest, enabling her to craft an abhorrent ritual, one that would reach beyond death to the place that all souls went and drag one back to the mortal realm.

After years of research and preparation, Salem was finally ready. On a moonless winter night, in a remote corner of the world, the greatest Sorceress who ever lived sacrificed an innocent man and brought doom upon all the world.

Using the corpse of her husband, stolen from his tomb, as a focus, Salem followed the departing soul by tearing at the edges of reality to enter the Beyond. Black ichor, bleeding from the wounds carved into the very fabric of existence, drenched her body, but she yet persevered. The Sorceress could feel the soul of her beloved just out of reach, and with one final exertion, she grasped his spirit and returned to the material plane. Gently, she bound Ozma's soul in ethereal chains and placed it within the vessel she had prepared: a living man whose mind she had broken. The Wizard lived once more.

Salem had done it. She had defied the natural order of the world and brought her soulmate back from the dead but she was not unscathed by the experience. Her skin and hair faded to a chalky white and her irises glowed a baleful red within black sclera. She could feel echoes of anger and hate and pain from other humans, and compulsion drew her towards them, to hunt them down and sink her teeth and claws into their flesh. These strange urges distrubed Salem, and she locked them away. None of that mattered, now that the love of her life had returned.

When Ozma awoke, he was shocked to find he had returned to the land of the living. Any qualms about the matter were forgotten upon seeing Salem, who claimed his return had been a miracle, her changed appearance a small price to pay for his life. The two began to rebuild their lives, finally taking the time to start the family they had always wanted. They settled in a quiet town near Ozma's own birthplace, where Salem bore her husband four daughters, who were doted on by their parents from the moment they were born.

The first consequences of Salem's sin against reality became apparent in the decades that followed. They were small things at first, merely strange shadowy animals seen at the edges of the civilized world. But soon stories of vicious shadow monsters with hateful red eyes spread across the realms. Of how entire villages and towns disappeared, devoured by what many were now calling the Creatures of Grimm.

Ozma grew concerned upon hearing these tales, the heroic spirit within him demanding that he intercede. But Salem reminded him that he no longer possessed the vigor of his youth and owed a responsibility to his wife and children. And so, the old hero stayed his hand, content to let a new generation of champions go forth to confront this threat. Unaware of the lies that now ensnared him and the tremendous cost of his resurrection.

But the truth always comes to light...

Zorro!Jaune
Indeed! For instance...

- - -

Weiss sighed to herself mentally. Sure, she hated the White Fang. Sure, she understood how Blake wanted to redeem herself by stopping the White Fang's criminal activities. And certainly, she didn't want her company's Dust to be stolen and used for evil purposes.

I've said it before, Jaune becoming Zorro is both hilarious and awesome. Divorcing this from the whole weapon deal, maybe he both infuriates and turns on Winter, having reenacted the 'Zorro cuts away Elena's dress' scene with her before.

It also drives Blake nuts, as she's torn between screaming 'species appropriation' once she realizes he's not a faunus, and tears because the faunus (and humans) love him far more than they ever did the White Fang.

Ironwood: "Adam Taurus, in the name of the Councils, in the name of the Kingdoms, in the name of the People...you are under arrest."
The People: "Zorro fought him and saved us! Hail Zorro! Hail Zorro!"
Ironwood: "Yes, hail Zorro, hail...what am I saying? Where is he?!"

*The whinny of a stallion draws the crowd's attention. Astride his rearing black steed, Zorro tips his hat.*

Zorro: "Adios, General! Till we meet again!"
Ironwood: "That damned vigilante! I don't know whether to arrest him or to conscript him! Specialist Schnee, take your...Specialist?"
Winter: *long, mussed hair cascading down her shoulders as she blazes with fury, lips suspiciously swollen* "That...that fox! He did it again!"

Jaune: "Hey guys, what did I miss?"
Ruby: "Zorro! He swung in and was like 'whoosh' and 'hiya' and 'swish', and the bad guys were like-"

My Name is Tiny Spider
Jaune picks up Kumoko from "So I'm a Spider, so what?!" on his way to Beacon. He feeds her and he's a "hottie" in her parlance, so she sticks with him!

She might also mistake him for the future main hero of this world (as she thinks Remnant is basically an RPG).

Kumoko: "Based on my extensive experience playing RPGs and watching anime... This guy must be the hero who is destined to save this world! And I'll get LOTS of XP fighting alongside him!"

Jaune: "You're a cute awesome little spider!" Hands her some beef jerky

Kumoko: OM NOMNOM "And he's a great cook too! YUMMYYYYY~!"

Later, at Beacon...

Ruby: "Oh hey! I'm Ruby Rose-Wha-What's that?!"

Jaune: "Hm? Oh, this is my spider, Kumoko!"

Kumoko: waves her front arms as she sits on his head.

Ruby: "Oh wow...!"

Weiss: "What on Remnant are you-EEEEYAH?! WHA-WHAT IS THAT?!"

Jaune: "I said she's Kumoko my spider-"

Weiss: "WHAT KIND OF A SPIDER IS THAT?! IT'S HUGE!"

Jaune: very proud "Yes she is!"

Kumoko squeaks cheerfully.

Weiss: "Wha-You can't bring that into Beacon!"

Jaune: "They didn't say I couldn't! And she's awesome!"

Weiss: "Just stay away from me, Bug Boy!" She flees

Jaune: looks sad "Oh..."

Ruby: "Oh... Um... Hey! I think she's cool."

Kumoko: Squeaks proudly

Jaune: "Thanks! I think you're cool, too!"

The next day, in the locker room...

Jaune: "Hey! Who wants to join Team Jaune and Kumoko? Plenty of room!'

Weiss: "Oh like hell! What are you even still doing here with that thing?!"

Jaune: "She's my friend, thank you!" He hands Kumoko an apple, which the spider eats happily

Pyrrha: "Oh wow... Where did you find her?"

Jaune: "I found her on the way to Beacon. She's been helping me! She's like my... Combat familiar?"

Weiss: "That's not a thing!"

Kumoko: "Hmmm... The goth girl in the cape is clearly the Little Sister Who's Gonna Get Boobs path... White Haired girl is the Small Boobed Tsundere... Redhead here seems like the Vanilla or maybe Shy Sempai path..."

At the gleam in Pyrrha's eyes over Jaune not knowing who she is, Kumoko winces.

Kumoko: "Eep! She might be the Hidden Yandere Love Interest! Hmmm... Which is best for my Jauney? Is there a place for the Isekai in the body of a Spider Path? Damn... A lot of levels to go before I become a Dryder and get some human bits back!"

Kumoko thinks back to all the training she did with Jaune... Especially when he was shirtless...

Kumoko: "... It'll be worth it!"

Qualifications
(throwing in a crossover with a series I like. Let's see if you can guess what. I may have made it a little cracky.)

Jaune Arc wasn't too sure how much he liked this aura stuff.

I mean the shield was cool and the strength boost was kinda nice but he could do without-

{Do you have the qualifications?}

-that. Like clockwork every 10 minutes he'd hear a voice in his head asking that question and he wasn't sure what to do. Was this normal? How does he actually respond to this thing?

Aaaaand now he was fighting a unholy abomination that somehow spawned from a half dead Ursa and a deathstalker fusing somehow, since when was that a thing? And how the fuck does that equal BIG ASS DRAGON?!

Currently Ruby and friends (trademark pending) was fighting Tweety birds goth cousin while zen master pinkeye, crackhead with nice boobs, and the Amazon battle princess were pinned down by dragon claws.

This couldn't get worse could it?

"Do you have the qualifications?"

Oh fuck me the dragon can talk and it's been in his head. Please dragon-sama don't leak my browser history!

Well fuck it better to die horrifically to a dragon than live with people knowing his kinks.

"I have a sword, a shield, and a aura! Fuck you that's all the qualifications I need!"

Before I got the chance to reenact Leroy Jenkins something unexpected happened.

The dragon started laughing.

"Wonderful you have proven your qualifications."

Oh shit did I pass initiation?

"You are now the chosen champion of the god of darkness, The Demon King!"

Oh....well shit.

Dragonslayer: The Dance
Team RWBY is hanging out in their dormroom. Yang is doing some organizing for the dance and looking irritated, while Weiss is on Cloud 9.

Yang: "Ugh... I can't believe no guy has asked me to the dance! Even that creep Neptune!"

Weiss: "Well of course he didn't ask YOU! He asked me! And he's not a creep, he's a romantic gentleman!"

Yang: rolls her eyes "Sure he is... Well, I guess I can hang out with you, Blake and-"

Blake: "Sun asked me."

Yang: "Seriously?!"

Blake: "We're going as friends... Then we'll probably have friend sex."

Yang: "What-?!"

Blake: "That was a joke... Probably."

Yang: "Well... I mean, going alone is fine... I'm organizing the stupid thing after all..." grumbles "... Ruby, you don't have a date, right?"

Ruby: "Um, well... Sky Lark of Team CRDL kind of sort of might have asked...? But I don't know him outside of gaming so uh... I said no?"

Yang: "... Oh..."

Yang looked crushed. Ruby was very guilty, even as Weiss and Blake shot her incredulous looks.

Weiss: "That jerk asked you?"

Ruby: "He's gotten a lot better! He was just going along with the others! And hey, I'm sure you'll get a date, Yang!"

Yang: sigh "Yeah, sure..."

There was a knock at the door. Ruby shot off with her Semblance at super speed, out the window, through another window, and out into the hallway. She sees Jaune there with a guitar.

Ruby: "JAUNE!" She grabs his arm "I know you're here to ask out Weiss, but I'm begging you: Take my sister to the Dance!"

Jaune: "Wh-What?! Yang? But I-?!"

Ruby: "Please?! Please please please?!"

Yang opened the door. Ruby shot off, leaving no evidence she was there. She zipped back through the window and shot Jaune a desperate, pleading puppy eyed-expression.

Yang: "You here for Weiss-cream, VB?"

Jaune stares at Ruby. He then takes a deep breath. Being a fraud to cover up for himself was... Hard. He couldn't find any confidence in what he was saying. Yet when it came to lying for others? To save them and help them? He felt like he could be effective.

Jaune: "No. I'm here for you."

Yang: raises an eyebrow "Huh?"

Jaune: "The dance. You. Me."

Yang: Raises her other eyebrow in surprise "Eh?!"

Jaune: "I like to dance, you like to dance. We both like Ruby. I think we can have a fun time together. So, what do you say?"

Jaune smiles, looking confident. Yang actually blushes a little, and then laughs.

Yang: "Wow... Look at you! Just out with it with no stupid gimmicks! What, I don't get a serenade?"

Jaune: "I'm carrying my guitar for reasons other than asking out the hottest girl I know."

Yang: flushes again "... You know what? Sure."

Jaune: his voice nearly cracks "Really?" clears his throat "I mean... Cool. I've got a navy blue suit."

Yang: "Good, it'll match my dress. Bring flowers."

Jaune: "Roses good?"

Yang: "Yeah."

Jaune: "Sweet. See you then." He heads off

Yang closes the door, turns back... And smirks.

Yang: "Well well well! I'm not dateless anymore, now am I?"

Weiss: "You... You're going out with ARC?!"

Yang: "Aw, is someone jealous?"

Weiss: "LIKE HELL I AM! HAHAHA! Enjoy your time with that loser, Yang!"

Yang: "Oh, I certainly will! Enjoy your time with your philandering asshole!"

Weiss: "HE IS NOT!"

Ruby beams. She's made her sister happy... And Jaune would be a great date.

Speaking of, she checked her Scroll for a message from him:

Jaune: Did I just ask out your sister?!

Ruby: Yes! And she said yes!

Jaune: ... Why did I ask out your sister?!

Ruby: Cause you're my best friend!

Jaune: ... Can't argue with that. How's Weiss taking it?

Ruby looks back at her friends. Blake is watching Yang and Weiss argue in amusement.

Weiss: "Of course I'm not JEALOUS! You're going to have the worst time!"

Yang: "I doubt it. I'm not the one who left him pinned to a tree during Initiation, now am I?"

Weiss: "I... HE WAS ANNOYING!"

Blake: "I see it clearly now. He was just messing with Weiss to get close to Yang."

Weiss: "HE WAS WHAT?!"

Yang: "HA!"

Ruby: As well as can be expected...

Last edited:
To Be a Man-AU
There were a lot of things Nicholas "Nick" Arc would never understand. Most of his wife's medicine and science lectures were at the top of that list. Along with why girls went to the bathroom in groups, UFOs, and the metric system.

This... This was something he truly could not understand.

He stood in an Arc-En-Ciel Hospital room, the medical devices all silent and showing nothing on their screens. The respirator had failed. The lights were dim.

All he could hear was the beating of his own heart in his ears. The seven foot two tall man took a step forward, and another... Before he fell to his knees at the side of his wife's bed.

His head was bowed. His fists were clenched. Out of instinct, he fought the tears that threatened to run out of his eyes.

Shakily, he reached up and took the too cold hand of his wife in his own.

"... Izzy... I..."

He feel silent, trying to fight the sob in his throat. He forced it down with whatever will he had left.

"... You made me... A man. You made me a hero. You made me a husband. You... You made me a father... And I... I don't know... I don't know what I'm going to be without you."

He fell into silence. He sucked in a slow breath, fighting another sob.

"I've been praying to the Table Breaker and the Emperor Above... That you would heal. You always healed before... Always got better. This time... This time you didn't..."

He pressed her hand to his forehead. He shuddered, and a small sob escaped despite his best efforts.

"... Most of the time... You knew... You knew I was scared too. I'm scared now, Izzy. I'm so scared... I-I don't know if I can..."

He sniffled again. Hot tears ran down his chiseled face into his beard. His sobs were soft, even now he kept them under control.

A soft wail broke the deadly silence. Nick looked up at his son, lying in a crib. He wailed his little lungs out, a perfectly healthy baby boy.

He looked back at Isabel's body, and squeezed her hand tightly.

"... I just know... I must. And... And I will..."

He slowly got up. He walked over to his son, crying loudly in the dark room. He reached out, picked his son up... And held him gently in his arms.

"Shhh... Shhh, it's all right son, it's all right," Nick soothed, "It's all right... Your mom... She's..."

He paused, struggling to hold himself together.

"... She's gone... But I'm here. Your daddy's here. So is the rest of your family. And... And we'll always be there for you..."

His infant son calmed and curled up against his broad chest. Nick sniffled again, and held the tiny bundle of life against his beating heart.

"Always... My son..."

- - -

Felt like I needed to write a little drama and tragedy.

Back