1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

Which is way bufffed up from what Greg gave them in canon, being roughly speed of sound

2. Threadmarks: Negetiations (part 14)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

12th August 2012
    18:57 GMT

"No, I can think of no conceivable way that the broken remains of a power ring could provide the Reach with any advantage at all." Hinon doesn't look impressed. "Though on the face of it the claim isn't utterly preposterous."

"I don't suppose that you know anything about D'xe yourself, do you?"

"I did actually visit it once, back when its surface was still molten. It didn't impress me at the time, and it hasn't changed in that regard since."

"Do you know of anything that could make a Green Lantern go crazy?"

"Not an especial one. The Guardians chose green because of how stable it is. I suppose that a Green Lantern who was unable to reconcile contradictions in their own beliefs might be brought down by their own doublethink. Or fixate on an order long after the Guardians would have withdrawn it, and suffer from guilt. But there is no 'special' risk from using the green light."

"So the problem lay in the Lantern."

"Most likely. Though I feel that it's reasonable to criticise the Guardians for failing to see to the upkeep of their servants."

I nod. Unfortunate as it is, it looks like they really didn’t learn anything from Sinestro. Put people in extreme situations and some of them don't respond in the way you hope they will. I mean… Alright, maybe they just don't have the personnel to do that, but they could easily assign Guy or another Honour Guard Lantern with appropriate training to deal with it.

"So either-."

"She's lying. Obviously. But I suppose that helping her won't hurt."

"Is it a concern that the Guardians are telling their Lanterns to lie to us?"

"I would hardly expect them to be happy about the situation. There are already more maltusians bonded to the orange light than there are Guardians. Unless they change, their Corps will either become extinct or become ours."

"'Ours'?"

The Hinon construct nods.

"It would be no great trial to find Controllers who would be willing to bond themselves to the green light. But they wouldn't be Guardians; their priorities and modus operandi would be different. That is what the Guardians can't accept."

"So, what, they'll just turn up on Oa one day?"

"I imagine that they'll make an offer to the senior surviving Green Lanterns first. If you can make personal lanterns, then it's entirely possible that there will be enough Green Lanterns with a similar ability that they feel that maltusian involvement is unnecessary. And in any case, it's unlikely to be occurring soon; Guardians aren't easy to kill. Find out what Lantern K'ryssma is playing at, and then let her continue playing."

"Will do. Illustres out."

I deactivate my ring's communication system and sit back. Funny how the law works. There was a book I read… Decades ago now, where a young man won a aeronautics-themed game show and won a ticket to anywhere on Earth. But he wanted to go into space. Fortunately, the relevant UN body had determined that the rights associated with Earth citizenship extended upwards from the planet just far enough to encompass the space station he wanted to travel to. Thus, it was still 'on Earth', and they were obliged to pay for his passage.

Yuna law requires that anyone approaching the planet jumps through a lot of hoops. And it's not that much easier to leave. However, the definition of 'leaving' isn't what a person might at first assume that it is. So long as I don't board a ship I could teleport into low orbit without 'leaving', thanks to laws set up to enable skydiving. And

I can teleport

back because I haven't 'left'. Wonderful things, laws. The ship carrying the Reach's favourite couriers is just now landing under the hands of a local pilot, though this part of the small commercial shipping terminal is relatively empty.

I raise my right hand in greeting.

"Fancy seeing you here."

The Reach Negotiator turns to see me, and just for a moment cringes at the sight of me before smoothly recovering. I doubt that anyone who wasn't empathic would have noticed; his bodyguard certainly doesn't appear to have done so. No Scarab Warrior that I can see, though any of these might have the implant somewhere on their bodies.

"It is hardly strange. The Free Lancers have a long history as mercantile agents for the Reach. Do you intend to try to avail yourself of their services? I highly recommend them."

There are any number of things I could say here, implying whatever level of knowledge I might have about their scheme, but…

"I'm more interested in what they picked up for you."

"Ah-I'm afraid that all sales are final."

"If you'd taken five minutes to review the 'Free Lancers' record when you hired them, you'd know that's not the case. And even on Yuna, items can be impounded and confiscated if someone can prove that it was stolen from them."

"I assure you that our business here is entirely legitimate."

"Glad to hear it. Reach Negotiators are no fun to kill at all."

"I have personally always found the death of Lanterns to be instructive."

I nod.

"'By the manner of their deaths we shall know them'. Which doesn't really work with Scarab Warriors, because it's so hard to be sure which ones are volunteers and which ones are mind controlled."

"The vast majority are loyal citizens."

"Right, but were they loyal because they were born as a member of your species with all the rights and responsibilities therein, or are they loyal because you fiddled around with their brains and their independence dribbled out of their ear?"

"The first one. It-."

"Actually, I've been meaning to ask about that. Do you do that mind control thing to your own people as well, or is that an aliens-only thing? Do you.. just consider it normal and if the aliens can't cope that's on them, or do you actually think of it as a weapon?"

"Would you be happier if we conquered with overt force as you are wont to do?"

"Probably, yes. That sort of Empire would have to use local collaborators and auxiliaries, and eventually make at least some of the people they conquered into citizens. The Reach doesn't have to worry about that, so you don't bother."

"Before the war with the Green Lantern Corps, Reach policy was to carry out extermination campaigns. Subjugated species were put to work, ghettoised, and eventually eliminated."

"Huh."

"So clearly, your assumption was wrong."

"True, but… That means that you've had two goes, and been completely evil each time. You've basically gone from 'tragically misguided' to 'innately evil' in my mind, and the last time a species did that..."

I shrug, and the Negotiator takes a step away from me as the ship's main hatch opens. I smile faintly, then

step out,

reappearing in front of the vessel's disembarking crew.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  3. lancelot

lancelot Grand High Poobah

...This is either trying entirely too hard ...Or not trying at all. I'm not sure which at the moment.

4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

So it's just the Lantern going crazy on their own without the green light doing them any actual harm like it would for orange or red.

'bodyguards'

Unless they went for extermination using pure force instead of the subtle methods like the Kanamits and Aschen used.

Yep.

Yeah.

5. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Well, that's that idea soundly debunked. Which still leaves the question of just what the Free Lancers are bringing the Reach... And more importantly, how to prevent it, because whatever the reach wants, OL is well advised to stop them getting.

Probably smells marginally better. A bit cooler, less earthquake-y...

Well, besides the whole overly stubborn demeanour, but people well-suited to Will are likely determined bastards anyway.

And they'd probably claim they don't have time to micromanage the welfare of 7200 regular Lanterns, never mind the additional personnel...

Who knows, maybe in the early days, Honour Guard Lanterns would have served as commissars, watching for unstable personalities... Back when they only had 3600 to deal with. Now they off-load picking new Lanterns to Mogo and trust that he selects people of good moral character as well as sufficient stubbornness.

Why would you expect the blue blockheads to do any different? Evidently they're not happy with competition.

Given how few Guardians there are... How hard would it be to subvert their monopoly on the Green Light, after all?

Admittedly, they'd probably be hard bastards to begin with. And marinating in Determination will only make them more so...

Well, now his orders are laid out. Perhaps they'll get some dirt on the Guardians...

Rules Lawyers. Got to love them, but some GMs hate them.

Wonder how much the Reach paid to get some privacy? You'd expect some ships nearby.

Of course, they'd be likely to notice the scan. So until one of them beetles out, no telling if they can.

Why bother being subtle? :p You know you're not that good at it...

Psssh! Just a matter of more money, then... Unless the Reach have a little extra leverage on them.

:rolleyes: And terrestrial porcines might spontaneously become airborne.

Even the ones who don't stay dead? Or is that just a matter of 'Well, we clearly need more gun.'

Not that the Reach probably consider there to be much difference...

Because, you know, some of them might have had objections to being deployed into suicidal combat theatres.

To be honest... If they were mind-controlled, they'd consider it normal anyway. Because they've been taught to, being mind-controlled and all.

And, of course, such populations have the disgruntled, the unbending, and the rebellious. Perfect for mounting a resistance.

So, fighting the Green lanterns just forced you to be sneakier?

Well, let's just say they aren't around anymore... I wonder if word of what he'd been up to in Vega ever reached the Reach's ears?

o_O Oh, please tell me they really do dress like that in private, and it's not a show they're putting on for the customer... Because that means they're either having fun with their career, or just have naturally bad fashion sense...

Ah, OL. Subtle as a sledgehammer. I have the feeling he'll simply offer to buy whatever they're bringing the Reach. And make such a ludicrous offer the Reach can't outbid him. After all, it's not like he needs to know what the Negotiator wants, only that they want it. Or maybe the Reach guards will try and shoot him, giving him the perfect opportunity for a claim of 'self-defence'...

Something seems off here...

6. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

In the story Zoat based this storyline on, Lanterns discovered that the Guardians were hiding super-rings that never needed recharging and had no weakness to yellow.

While having the super ring made Kaylark go mad with power, in general the reponse was rage from the lanterns- "We've been dying because you @$$%$% decided hey, eh, giving us better weapons would be too much trouble, $%%$% you and the horse you rode in on, you @@$#$$%%%!"

Hal's response was "Well, i trust the guardians had a reason for that choice, so I figure the ring on my finger is good enough."

Since Zoat isn't using the yellow weakness, I assume he figured out some other advantage, because in general running out of power isn't that big a weakness.

Competent blue ring slingers are perpetual motion, alpha lanterns have built in batteries, and the Indigo tribe carry their staff shaped batteries everywhere they go. Yet I can't recall anyone saying "Oh no they're OP, please nerf!" Not over the not running out of energy thing anyway.

7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Mogo is best planet.

Though I'm not sure if the whole him giving rings is true to this story.

The treaty did make it so they can't conqueror a planet unless invited.

Maybe their more subtle methods were also a part of the treaty, or the Reach chose to do things that way because it was more practical.

You gotta enjoy your work.

And that's an overstatement of his subtlety.

Unless the Free Lancers are afraid of the Reach.

They've done business with the Reach so they may know how they operate, while they may not have even heard of Paul to be afraid of him.

8. BlackCoat13

BlackCoat13 I trust you know where the happy button is?

That the 'I shrug' is in yellow means that Paul is the one displaying Fear, which, uhhh? What's he got to be afraid of? He wasn't even afraid when he died last.

moralrelativity likes this.
  9. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

It can also be used when a person wants to instill fear in others. Paul's showing the Negotiator how little he really cares about the lives of the Reach, especially after hearing that they're evil by choice.

10. DiceArt

DiceArt Not too sore, are you?

Doesn't have to be displaying fear, could be that it is inspiring fear.

11. Dur'id the Druid

Dur'id the Druid Know what you're doing yet?

It's rare to see one's own logic applied to oneself so quickly. Though I doubt the negotiator and the reach ever believed it would be, even when said directly to his face like that. The logic of a slaver or witch hunter, believing themselves to be exempt from their own Karma.

12. Mr Zoat

As I understand it, it is a legitimate usage. A bodyguard of bodyguards.
    No, it's like 'flammable' and 'inflammable'.

13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Then maybe 'doesn't appear'

14. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

15. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

It also shows up when one is instilling fear with their actions. In this case a minor shrug at the end of that statement lets the Reach fellow infer all kinds of horrible things to fill the gap. Grayven gets a lot more of these due to him purposefully instilling fear with his actions, even without direct use of his yellow ring.

16. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

The way that the Guardians just let the Reach abuse the invitation clause of the treaty is incredibly fucking stupid and just makes the Guardians look like callous dumbasses.

Guardians: You will no longer be allowed to conquer worlds unless a world explicitly gives you permission to do so.

Reach: What if we were to use mind control to force them to give us permission?

Guardians: We'll allow it.

17. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

The reason the Guardians haven't exterminated the Reach yet has been explicitly given in the story: because they can't hope to do so without concentrating their entire force, leaving a hundred other world ending threats without opposition

So the Reach went from laughably evil to disgustingly evil? Great. What is the long term strategy here? Keep going until we piss of someone powerful enough to completely wipe us out?

Whiteeyes, Ngamer11, Cherico and 7 others like this.
  18. jonasquinn

jonasquinn I trust you know where the happy button is?

To be fair it’s not entirely callousness and dumbassery

It’s kind of very important that the Guardians keep to their treaties since they’re kind of the binding galactic authority and them being the ones to break them sends a very bad sign and it doesn’t help that the Reach are capable of going toe to toe with the Greenies on a relatively even level so it’s a serious dedication to go to war with them

That being said, yeah there’s still some callousness and dumbassery involved

19. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

This insight into Reach history (I'm not sure how much of it is Zoat's invention or drawing from canon) is interesting; I'm still wondering about how their society actually functions and what governance structures are in place.
    Did Paragon brand a Reach guy before? I don't remember what species the Reach-aligned agent on the planet with those extreme subjectivist horned aliens was.
    I know he's given a time-scale of ten to sixty years, but as things stand, I think he could debilitate a lot of the Reach with his higher-order abilities. We know the Reach are careful to avoid pissing off Maltusians (I think Zoat had an anecdote about them getting decimated at one point in the past by pissing one off, which I think is canonical to this fic), but that's relatively easy to do because of the generally non-interventionist nature of Maltusians due to their cultural policies and history; Paragon can basically function as a Maltusian but without such restraints. I think he can justify drawing on the Ophidian and doing some mass desire alteration of the core of the Reach empire (or at the very least, just observing the patterns of desire there from an inaccessible metaphysical location should be very useful in gathering intelligence on an area that I don't believe any of the OLC and affiliates have ever had access to). I guess I just think drawing things out to a relatively conventional timescale benefits the Reach more than it does the OLC, when you have such a potent weapon in Paragon (especially if he makes his resurrective immortality more efficient).

I do find it a bit hard to believe that no useful data could be gathered from studying the remains of a power ring, from a civilization that can match the GLC in capability (though as Paragon did note, the Guardians didn't permit them to kill during their war).

moralrelativity and Cuchulin like this.
  20. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

In Young Justice Season, after a two year time skip, the GLC is still at war with the Reach.

So the choice was to let the Reach do the occasional conquest/genocide, or ignore all their other duties for years.

The Guardians applied the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

And note, the Blue Beetle scarab landed on Earth 4 thousand years ago.

So it took the Reach 4 thousand years to conquer Earth.

The Reach are apparently in no hurry to conquer worlds or just flat out not that good at it.

21. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

For all Paragon likes to think this is a war they have in the bag, it's not.

The planets the Reach have lost so far have been so unimportant to the Reach that they don't even have the standard planetary self destruct charges. But once they actually loose something important? Or get hit hard enough that they actually feel it? It will turn into a war of planetary attrition. And that's not really something Legion can win since they are loose federation held together by ductape fighting an actual Empire.

Whiteeyes likes this.
  22. Radix

Radix Not too sore, are you?

But that is the thing, the Reach isnt open about it. At least not in a way that can be proven.

The Guardians are the closest thing to an intergalactic authority in the universe. If they break the treaty without clear cause it could bring their neutrality into question which could unravel other treaties and negotiations.

Cuchulin and moralrelativity like this.
  23. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Yep. For creatures that are billions of years old, they're not particularly savvy.

Cuchulin likes this.
  24. mastermenthe

mastermenthe Mint Thistle

The point of being this sort of evil is not to do evil, its to repeatedly annoy and nag at the Origin/Creator/Source about how the freely gifted capacity for free will that lets The Reach do evil in the first place is the real evil and is inherently unwanted and that it would be very nice if the Origin/Creator/Source were to utterly Excrutiate everything, or at least fix their own mess in a way that is properly permanent, pretty please? or else the Reach will use every trick in the book to nag at the conscience of the Origin/Creator/Source for eternity?

Something like that.

Cuchulin likes this.
  25. Threadmarks: Negetiations (part 15)
    Mr Zoat

12th August 2012
    19:01 GMT

"Hello there!"

A grinning male humanoid in blue and red greets me with apparent warmth. Empathic vision shows me something rather different, a man driven to acquire the most potent weapons that he can and with absolutely no scruples on what he does to get them.

If we could trust him to stick to a contract, he'd be an excellent Orange Lantern.

"Hello indeed. I am the Illustres of the Orange Lantern Corps."

"Harrow is the name I go by. My friend's name is Chance." He points a thumb at the grizzled man wearing a tricorn hat. "And the lady there…" The woman in purple. "That's Risqué."

"Doesn't look that risqué." I smile. "But maybe I've spent too much time on Tamaran."

"I don't think I'm particularly harrowing, and I've never seen Chance leave a hand of cards to chance for as long as I've known him." He shrugs. "Names are what you make of them, Illustres."

"Mine's fairly literal. People call me 'Illustres', and-" I intensify my environmental shield. "-I make light."

"Would that be a power ring?"

"Long way from here to D'xe?"

"A long way from a lot of places."

I hold out my left hand.

"I meant, have you been incommunicado? The existence of orange power rings isn't a secret."

I don't think I'm radiating orange light in any metaphysical sense, but his eyes glow and he's not even touching a ring. That sort of thing makes me think 'strong but crazy'.

"Though I imagine the fact that we're at war with the Reach is a more immediate concern."

"Not at all! We're not called 'Free' Lancers because we're under contract! We love bidding wars!"

"Then you do not-" The Negotiator steps forward, his bodyguard fanning out slightly. "-intend to honour your commission to the Reach?"

"It seems that what we've picked up might be a little more valuable than we thought. We'd be fools to let an opportunity like this to slip through our hands."

"And the closest N.E.M.O. planet is closer than the closest Reach planet, and the closest N.E.M.O. fleet is a lot closer than the closest Reach fleet. And I'm here, of course."

Harrow doesn't seem unduly bothered. "It's up to the client to arrange delivery after the hand-off. And since you're not just attacking our ship, it seems to me that you're obeying local law."

"Yes, though I want to be clear that I'm nothing like as obsessive about the principle as the Green Lanterns are."

"Meaning..?"

"Meaning that depending on what you even have, I have to decide how much it will affect the progress of the war. And then I have to decide how badly we need it and whether we need to avoid offending certain parties more or less than we need it. We don’t have a multi-million year legacy of lawfulness to live up to."

"Ooh." He holds up his hands. "Consider me warned."

Risqué regards me sceptically. "The Reach are offering us a Scarab implant."

"You know those things mind control you, right?"

"None of us are planning on wearing it. We have sophisticated analysis engines and a contact book full of technical specialists. We're going to reverse engineer the technology."

"Good luck with that. What would I have to offer you to outbid that?"

"Do you have a Scarab?"

"Unfortunately, no. They've started building self-destruct systems into them that make them rather tricky to capture."

Though I do dimly remember… A Booster Gold comic where he got hold of a Scarab after the Rock of Eternity blew up. This continuity doesn't have a Booster Gold… Yet, anyway. And I couldn't find anyone called Jamie Reyes wearing any sort of beetle-themed armour. I could ask William to ask Jebediah whether or not he's got a Scarab, but Jebediah had no real reason to work with me after I killed Nabu.

Wait, was it Jebediah or Nabu..?

"How about a power ring?"

"If you want a long-term contract, I'd be happy to give each of you one. There are very few mortals who can forge rings, and you gaining the ability would make you very valuable to us."

"I hate to repeat myself here, but what part of 'Free Lancer' suggests that we want to be under contract?"

"It's the way your eyes are glowing. Your dominant trait is avarice. I can give you a ring, I can give you access to technology far more advanced than anything the Reach has. You can fiddle around with it to your heart's content and all we'd ask in return is that you share what you learn."

"We're not really looking for that sort of commitment."

"I see why you came to Yuna."

"Hah! Yes, they are a bit like that, aren't they? But that doesn't change the fact that I've already got a generous deal lined up. If you can't outbid the Reach, then… Well…"

He shrugs with exaggerated insolence.

I nod. He has a point, but at this point I don't even know what he has. Asking after that Scarab that might be on Earth would be the next logical step, and… Would Kalmin be willing to trade his antithesis ring?

"Simply knowing that you have something that the Reach want isn't quite enough to make me want to sell the farm. What is it-."

Chance snorts. "You don't even know?"

"I heard a report that you acquired a power ring, but I have no idea whether I should believe it or not."

Harrow reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small box.

"There's a standing bounty from all sorts of people for an intact power ring." I smile slightly. Naughty K'ryssma. "But what we got is a little different. We didn't get the full story, but it looks like the Guardians were trying out a new design… But didn't have the bugs all worked out yet."

The small box partially liquefies, revealing the green…

Huh.

Green power rings usually have the green sigil on a circular face. This one is.. slightly darker in colour, with the outline of a square in place of the normal sigil. I can feel the focused will associated with it so it's definitely genuine, but…

Why would the Guardians make something like that, much less actually issue it?

"Have you tested it?"

"How could I do that without tipping off the Guardians? I don't want to get dragged to Oa and stuck in a sciencell."

"In that case, I'm going to need to consult with other parties. Can you hold onto it for a few days?"

"Certainly. I think the bidding might just get interesting."

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  26. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Liquefies for present tense?

Ooh. Prototype ring? I wonder if the design could be adapted for an orange ring.

27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'a rather'

Ohh, Paul.

You and your desire to recruit lunatics.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that those aren't their real names.

Then again, they may be.

Hagrid: Yer a light bulb Pauly.

...I have no idea why I said that, but I'm not taking it back.

True, but you're fairly recent and not as wide spread as the GLC, so it's understandable why you wouldn't be so well known.

And you'd know about strong but crazy, seeing as you are that.

Now I'm imagining a reality show starring these guys.

'steps'

True, but maybe starting out by doing questionable things, not counting the Citadel genocide, is not such a wise idea.

Well a friend of yours does.

Though he has no idea.

And freeing and helping Adom.

And if he found out you made Constantine a Lord of Chaos, then he has a whole lot of reasons for not wanting to have anything to do with you.

I know that in the n52 Blue Beetle and Nabu fought Ahri'han.

However for before Flashpoint the only thing that comes to mind is Silver Scarab, Hector Hall, who eventually became Doctor Fate.

And the guy didn't use a Reach Scarab, just scarab themed armor.

Yeah Paul.

You can at least buy them dinner first.

'a green'

Well it's not inconceivable that they modify rings and make new models from time to time.

Alan's ring for example looked much more different than the rings of others.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  28. webxro

webxro Benevolent Bystander

Isn't that like the ring that needed no charge or something ? I know I read somewhere a theory about stuff like that, but I have a horrible memory.

29. theaceoffire

theaceoffire Versed in the lewd.

Oh God it's a symbiote!

One of venom's offspring managed to eat a goddamn power ring!

Paul needs to use adverse and get the hell out of this universe!

30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'has no real reason'

So he doesn't remember the connection the Scarab had to Ted.

I'm assuming he thinks Jaime either stumbled upon it in some tomb or got it like Ben Tennyson got the Omnitrix, i.e it fell from the sky and attached itself to him?

Which to be fair isn't that far from the truth.