• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

have some spring cleaning and an up to date index from the old threads to the current one, also do we need some exp cause i have a semi finished omake i can fix up and post, otherwise I'll save it for a rainy day

QUEST ARCHIVE

INDEX:

MAIN CONTINUITY

Genesis Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8

New Popularity Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7

Training Days I: A Very Busy Week
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6 (I), Part 6 (II), Part 6 (III), Part 7

The Sister from the West Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9

Training Days II: A Not So Peaceful Month
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9,
Part 10, Part 11, Part 12, Part 13, Part 14, Part 15, Part 16, Part 17,
Part 18, Part 19, Part 20, Part 21, Part 22, Part 23, Part 24, Part 25,
Part 26, Part 27, Part 28, Part 29, Part 30, Part 31, Part 32, Part 33

The Snake Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7

Phoenix From The Underworld Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10

Ryōzanpaku Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10,
Part 11, Part 12, Part 13, Part 14, Part 15, Part 16, Part 17

Extra Arc: Stray Devils and...Shinobi?
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6

Youkai Yakuza Arc
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10,
Part 11, Part 12, Part 13, Part 14, Part 15, Part 16, Part 17, Part 18, Part 19,
Part 20, Part 21, Part 22, Part 23, Part 24, Part 25, Part 26, Part 27, Part 28,
Part 29, Part 30, Part 31, Part 32, Part 33

Extra Arc II: Shinobi, Swords and a Visit to Hell
Part 11, Part 12, Part 13(I), part 13 (II), Part 13 (III), Part 13 (IV), Part 14,
Part 15

SIDE CONTINUITY

Issei's Awesome Adventures: The Old Shrine (This happened between Part 1 and Part 2 of Training Days I)
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5

Issei's Awesome Adventures: Fluttering of Wings (This happened between Part 2 and Part 3 of Training Days I)
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4

Issei's Awesome Adventures: Kiba's Request...Has just begun? (This happened between Part 3 and Part 4 of Training Days I)
Part 1, Part 2

Issei's Awesome Adventures: Shady District (This happened between Part 4 and Part 5 of Training Days I)
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9

Omakes:
From ZipLopz
From ZipLopz 2
From Mu-Sensei
From megrisvernin
From noahgab1133
From noahgab1133 2
A Solar Circle's Adventure Time
From megrisvernin 2: REVEAL CASE File 0009
From Smuthunter: Lunar Issei-Full Moon-Dragon Totem
A Radiant Dragon's Vacation in Eastern Wonderland
From Unelemental: The Lost Bet
From cronos2chaos: RWBY and DxD
From noahgab1133 3
From touhou ranfuku
From noahgab1133 4
From Galeiam
From Sol Mark-1
From the DragonBard
From the DragonBard 2
From Kinglugia
From Kinglugia 2
From noahgab1133 5
From noahgab1133 6
From noahgab1133 7

Issei's Forces - Character Sheets

List of important people in the story:
Raynare. Human disguise: Yuuma Amano. Fallen Angel Devil.
Yuuto Kiba. Devil. Sacred Gear "Sword Birth" user.
Kiyome Abe. Human. Beast Tamer.
Mr. and Ms Hyodo. Humans.
Ddraig. Heavenly Dragon. The Welsh Dragon.
Bright Shattered Ice. Elder Solar Twilight Exalted.
Aika Kiryu. Human.
Matsuda and Motohama. Humans.
Rias Gremory. Devil.
Akeno Himejima. Devil.
Koneko Toujo. Devil. Nekoshou?
Tomofuri. Local Kami of Fertility and Pregnancy.
Dohnaseek. Fallen Angel Devil.
Mil-tan. A...thing. Kiba's customer.
Ruby Rose (Kougyoku Mizoguchi). Human. Sacred Gear "Crescent Rose (Death's Scythe)" user. Solar Half-Caste.
Asia Argento. Human. Sacred Gear "Twilight Healing" user. Solar Half-Caste.
Mittelt. 3/4 Fallen Angel, 1/4 Oni. Solar Half-Caste.
Kalawarner. Fallen Angel Devil.
Shariel. Fallen Angel. One of Grigori's Leaders.
Yang Xiao Long. Human. Ruby's big sister. Sacred Gear "Ember Celica (War's Gauntlets)" user. Solar Half-Caste.
Eiko. Yatagarasu. Issei's Familiar. Solar Half-Caste.
Sona Sitri. Human disguise: Sona Shitori. Devil.
Tsubaki Shinra. Devil.
Azazel. Fallen Angel. Governor General of the Fallen Angels and One of Grigori's Leaders.
Sayanomiya Kaoru. Human. Member of the History Compilation Committee.
Grayfia. Devil. Queen of Maou Lucifer's Peerage and his wife.
Beowulf. Hero Descendant and Devil. Pawn of Maou Lucifer's Peerage.
Shougo Kitsukawa. Ex-gang's leader. Solar Half-Caste.
Raiser Phenex. Devil.
Ravel Phenex. Raiser's little sister. Devil.
Sirzechs Lucifer. Super Devil. Leader of the Four Maou.
Ryōzanpaku. A group of Master Martial Artists. Followers of the Katsujinken.
Honoka Shirahama. Human. Longinus Sacred Gear "Innovate Clear" user.
Elsha. Strongest Boosted Gear female possessor of the past.
Belzard. Strongest Boosted Gear male possessor of the past.
Mirai. Ninja?
Kii and Mii. Bakeneko youkai. Twin sisters.
Rikuo Nura. 3/4 Human, 1/4 Youkai. Head of the Nura Youkai Clan.

Alexander here's the full index just remove the quote tags and your done

Thank you for the three updates a single day, Alex.

For combat training, from what I have seen Alex writing, it seems Issei typically buffs himself before combat begins, so getting Infinite Martial Arts Mastery would have many pros and almost no cons.

Core page 185.
Infinite (Ability) Mastery
Cost: 2m+, 1WP; Mins: (Ability) 4, Essence 3; Type: Simple;
Keywords: None;
Duration: One Scene;
Prerequisite Charms: Any (Ability) Excellency

The Solar Exalted are infinite wells of talent. Each two motes committed to this Charm reduces the mote cost for the first three (Ability) Excellencies by one, to a minimum of 0. Exalted with Essence 3 can spend up to six motes on this Charm, while Exalted with Essence 4+ can spend as many motes as they like.

In short, if you pay 10 motes to Infinity Martial Arts Mastery, for the duration of combat there is no need to pay First MA Excellency up to 5 motes. The main advantage for us is paying 18 motes and then having both attack and defense to maximum.

Another thing we could do is customize Martial Art Charms that does the same thing as Fire and Stones Strike and Rising Sun Slash (to do it we need GM approval). I point to the fight against Kurotabou as evidence of our weakness to high defense high soak opponents.

Core page 190
Fire and Stones Strike
Cost: 1m per die
Mins: Melee 3, Essence 1
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-OK
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Hungry Tiger Technique

The Solar demonstrates his strength with a powerful Essence fueled blow. The Exalt spends up to (his Strength score) motes and makes a Melee-based attack. If the attack hits, this Charm adds one die to the post-soak damage for each mote spent.

Glories of the Most High - The Unconquered Sun page 22
Rising Sun Slash
Cost: 4m (+6m)
Mins: Melee 5, Essence 4
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-OK, Mirror (Life-Severing Blade), Obvious
Prerequisite Charms: Fire and Stones Strike

Crackling with golden lightning, the Solar's blade becomes impossible to turn from its course. For 4m, the Solar may select whether to make the attack unblockable or undodgeable. For 10m the attack becomes unblockable and undodgeable against any targets and becomes Holy.

Welcome to the quest and no, don't place your judgement that fast.
If you're following this series then you go Manga => Light novel (on Baka-Tsuki) => Anime for the visual.
Issei has character development throughout the series, especially vol 10 which made him different from the rest of harem protag.
I'm already seeing development. It's just that so much cocktease and oppai screaming ticks me off a little.

It's due to his training with Tannin allowed him to stack more [Boost], Sacred Gear too is an artifact that reacts to the owner's desire so if he really wants it he could have it.
I must have missed it completely.

Last edited:
Who wants to do another Issei awosome adventures like we did at the begining of the quest.

Very good update Alexander, sorry for not having the omake ready.

How do you think we can gain a positive intimacy with the Homura crimson squad?

In short, if you pay 10 motes to Infinity Martial Arts Mastery, for the duration of combat there is no need to pay First MA Excellency up to 5 motes. The main advantage for us is paying 18 motes and then having both attack and defense to maximum.
*Butcher uses research*
*but it fails*
Waitaminuuuuute!
If we use eight motes on infinite ability mastery, doesn't that mean we can use the third excellency for free?
Doesn't that mean we can just reroll any attack and damage roll for free until there are enough tens in it to one-shot our opponent?

spend 3 minutes and 43 seconds on my dice roller, cleared 20 sucs on 13 dice.

*Butcher uses research*
*but it fails*
Waitaminuuuuute!
If we use eight motes on infinite ability mastery, doesn't that mean we can use the third excellency for free?
Doesn't that mean we can just reroll any attack and damage roll for free until there are enough tens in it to one-shot our opponent?

No. It doesn't.
Exalted Core pp148 said:
Step Four: Attack Reroll
This step only applies if the attacker has access to magic or other effects that permit the rerolling of dice (such as an appropriate Essence Resurgent Excellency). If so, and if the attacker's player is unsatisfied with the attack roll result (particularly in light of the target's DV), she may use these effects normally. Each die may be rerolled only once, with characters benefiting from the better of the two rolls.
Underlining is mine

It does however mean we can do something like drop 18m to use our First Martial Arts Excellency freely for an entire scene. Basically +9d on every attack roll using MA.

It even works for defense since Issei is going to use his Parry DV ([Dexterity 4 + Martial Arts 5 + Weapon 5]/2 = 7) over his Dodge DV ([Dexterity 4 + Dodge 3 + Essence 4]/2 = 6) and you can add successes on a First Excellency roll to your relevant DV. So that is an average boost of around 4 or 5 to his Parry DV which brings it up to 11 or 12.

Who wants to do another Issei awosome adventures like we did at the begining of the quest.
I sure want. Those side quests were awesome. However, there are some side quests we got that have time limit; we should clear those first.

theonebutcher

Third (Ability) Excellency [Core page 185]
Third (Ability) Excellency (or Essence Resurgent)
Cost: 4m; Mins: (Ability) 1, Essence 1; Type: Reflexive (Step 4 for attacker, Step 6 for defender)
Keywords: Combo-OK
Prerequisite Charms: None

Exalted with this Charm recover smoothly from failure. An Exalt's player can invoke this Charm after making a roll based on the relevant Ability. This Charm allows her player to make the roll again, using the new result if the Exalt prefers it. The Exat can also use this Charm to enhance static values derived from the relevant Ability. Doing so increases the character's effective (Attribute + Ability) rating for one task by the Ability rating. This means that the Essence Resurgent Excellency increases an applicable DV by half the relevant Ability.
But keep in mind:
1) We don't have Third Martial Arts Excellency;
2) Infinity (Ability) Mastery is kinda a commited Excellency, so we need to choose which Excellency we are going to apply IAM;
3) Third Excellency can't be used alongside the First or Second, making it kinda useless.

The one time I think Third is really good is with Dodge, because it can be used in Step 6 instead of Step 2 (as with First or Second), and, if you have Dodge 5, you can increase your Dodge DV by 3 with only 4 motes. Comparing with Second, you would need 6 motes and would have to be in Step 2 (before attack roll). As we have Perfect Soak, we could dodge some attacks after the attack is rolled (if we chose Dodge as our defense), having Adamant Skin Technique as panic buttom. This could be good against low Accuracy high Damage opponents.

Third is also good with Integrity, the other defensive Ability, for the same reasons as Dodge, the difference being that Integrity is used for Dodge Mental Defense Value.

Last edited:
<= is waiting on Alexander to finish the front page first

can't make plans without knowing costs and such, sure I could track that stuff down in other threads, but that would require work and effort... I try to avoid those things as much as possible

I'm probably going to flick through the last few eps of the last thread to get an idea of what, if anything we had planned, when I have the time and can actually concentrate for more then 30 seconds /laugh

The experience cost continue being this?

Experience and Training

Are we still suspended from school?

If we do some downtime, how about time tested anime beach episode?

Last edited:
There's even a canon one to act as inspiration.

Though, being Exalted, Issei would have a bit better luck in this one.

you know I did not even see this had updated. ok so plans we need to take care of Sona's request, get a status report on the youkai situation finish the evil pieces research use our exp.

what dose everyone think of buying this

Thunderclap Rush Attack
Cost: -; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 2; Type: Permanent
Keywords: None
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisites: Fists of Iron Technique

When the Chosen of the Sun strike, they are swifter than lightning. This Charm enhances Fists of Iron Technique. While Fists of Iron Technique is active, set the Speed of attacks made with the Solar's punch, kick and clinch weapons to 3.

along with another round of Dragon Essence Domination so we can pick up more Dragon Knacks.

Hi all, awesome writing so far Alex!

I somehow managed to speedread the whole lot of posts yesterday and it was glorious.

Where do you guys get the resources for Exalted btw?

1st post and 1st forum! :)

Edit: Some research later, I have found a program that has compiled all the canon Exalted 'skills' into an easy to use program called Anathema. Looks to be useful!

Last edited:
Hi all, awesome writing so far Alex!

I somehow managed to speedread the whole lot of posts yesterday and it was glorious.

Where do you guys get the resources for Exalted btw?

1st post and 1st forum! :)
Welcome to the quest.
As for resources you just need to google it, with words like "kickass" or "kat" or "the bay of pirate".

Can someone with decent knowledge make a plan please so we can all vote for it and get this updated.

Zero knowledge of Exalted, so I don't think I can help here, especially for training.

Same here. I'm all for getting Evil Pawn completely researched, though.

So, does anyone have a plan already set for voting?

I would like it if we could max Martial Arts, and master the fist of the daystar.

Adding more Lore wouldn't be bad either.

as long as we have motes to spare we are immune to her attacks.

edit: we just use perfect defenses while hitting her with social attacks to get her to surrender and sell out her allies.
Not likely. Raiser, who is much lower on the totem pole than her, had attacks that would have been suicidal to tank with perfect defenses. I would advise not underestimating anyone simply because of how they performed in-series.

well if no one is going to ill try to at least get a general layout for actions and if I'm wrong Alexander or someone who knows can say so.

[X] organizing our territory
-[X] get together with Mittelt and Eiko to see to the youkai in the area and if anything needs our immediate attention.
[X] Sona's request
-[X] we hired Ninja for situations like this have them investigate the girl causing the disturbances in the area.
--[X] their objective is to find a place for us to confront her. they are not to confront her if without us emphasize that as Dragons we tend to draw powers to us and talking with her is our responsibility.
[X] Research
-[X] the Evil Pieces are almost done and once our Manse is done we will have a workshop to experiment in so finish them off.
[X] Training
-[X] finish the Training for Hypnotic Tongue Technique and Hastening Night's End
-[X] once done train another round of Dragon Essence Domination
--[X] knacks purchased Dragons Might -Four -4 health levels and Instincts of the Beast

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back